18 - time is running out

a/n - hi! fair warning, i don't entirely remember the tournament matches so i may have switched them up a bit :)

(y/n)'s pov

"you know... you could fall from the sky, or fall from a tree, but the best way to fall, is in love with me." the volleyball player tilted up my chin, smirking and locking eyes with me at the same time.

a grin spread on my face, laughing slightly at the same time. "that's a good one!" i lightly took his hand from my chin and held it between us, "terushima yuuji, correct?"

with my recognition, the party captain beamed with pride, "yeah! you could call me teru... or you could call me tonight."

another laugh escaped my lips before i was suddenly pulled to the side, away from the flirtatious captain. "stay away from our analyst, terushima!!!!"

"yeah!! back off, dude!!"

"calm down you two..."

the second years had all somehow found me, the loud duo immediately jumping into action. they... growled at the blond, asserting their dominance? i went inbetween them both, putting a hand on each of their shoulders, "guys? calm down a bit! i was just chatting with teru, no big deal."

almost automatically, they melted into a lovestruck mood, completely forgetting the johzenji player they had just faced. "(y-y/n) just touched our shoulders!!!!"

used to their usual reactions, i smiled at them and turned my attention to the captain, "i have to go with them for our next game, but maybe i'll see you around?"

not missing a beat he grinned at me with a pink haze on his cheeks, "definitely. have a great day (y/n)~!"

i turned to the second year crows behind me, clapping my hands with a determined smile, "let's go! you boys have an hour before your next match and need to refuel your energy! i made some food for you all of you'd like it..."

they nodded enthusiastically, and i giggled a bit as we headed back to the rest of the team who was waiting in the stands and watching other matches.

time skip brought to you by akaashi and bokuto💘

"we're in the finals!!!!!!"
"let's go baybeeeeee!!!!"
"we did it!!!"
"we're coming for you shiratorizawa!!!"

the team was estatic, practically jumping up and down with excitement from winning the final point, securing their win.

a matching grin found its way onto my face, faltering slightly as i saw the heartbroken gazes of aoba johsai on the other side of the net.

i caught the team's attention, "okay okay! line up crows for our thank you!"

they turned to me with their own broad smiles before lining up at the back court line. "thank you for the match!!" the two teams said in unison, the clapping of the audience in the background.

we headed over to the stands and quickly thanked those who were cheering for us before gathering our things and heading off of the court. i grabbed my bag and my wrapped sword, slinging it onto my bag as that bad feeling started to come back.