Chapter 17: Nightmares

Lauren's P.O.V

I woke up, blinded by the light, wait am I dead? No that's stupid, how could I have possibly have died?

My eyes started to adjust to the brightness and I notice that I'm not in the cave, I was outside, in a deep pile of snow.

Was that a dream?

I sit up and I hear Jason yelling to me from in the cave.

"Lauren, come here, now!" He yelled, he sounded happy?

"Coming." I yell back to him.

I slowly stand up from the snow pile, and head towards the cave, as I walk a little deeper I can hear something, like something's walking.

As I walk in to wear Jason was, what I saw made me want to cry.

There he stood tall and healthy.

Darren.

"Oh my gods..." I paused. "He's alive, he's okay, your gonna make it after all huh Darren."

I walked up to him, then put my arms around his neck, hugging him in the best way I could.

"Come on boy, we should get you outside, can't have you cooped up in here."

I lead him outside, I looked up at him right as we reached the edge of the cave, you could see the happiness on his face.

He looked at me, that look a child gives his mother, asking her if he could go play with a friend.

"Go..." I patted his back right above his butt. "Find your family."

He looked back to the forest and took a step, then another one, until he was in a full on sprint to the forest.

"Hey!" I jump at the unexpected voice.

"You scared me." right as I say that he laughs, I just roll my eyes.

A moment of silence passed, but not the awkward silence, it was more peaceful.

"It's a miracle, huh, all of a sudden he just got up, like, like he could have done it all along."

I look at Jason.

"Thank you, for, for saving him."

"Anything to make you happy."

Well things got awkward quickly, I was most definitely blushing by now.

"Soooo..." I said making it obvious that I didn't know how to respond.

He turned so that he could face me.

"I think we should build a fire."

"Let's."

(30 minutes later)

We now had the fire set up, we weren't going to cook anything it was just to keep us warm.

"Jason..." I started

"Ya?"

"Do you still want to know why I ran?"

He turned and faced me.

"You don't have to." He stated.

"I know but I want to."

A/N Hahahahahahahahahah cliff hanger. You're welcome, Darren is back YAY!
By anyways..

Have a great day and a better tomorrow!!

Bye!!!!!