Chapter 22 Who are you

Hey guys I'm sick today so I thought 'Hey why not update!' Anyways hope you like it.

Recap

94, 96, 98, 100, 102, here it is 104.

I slowly knock on the door.

The door slowly creaked open.

"Mom?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry who are you?" The lady asks.

"Umm I'm Lauren, is my mom here?" I say confused.

"Umm no I'm sorry, it's only me and my son living here." She continued. "Maybe your looking for the woman who used to live here?"

"Yeah."

The woman looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Would you like to come in?" She asked kindly.

"Umm yeah sure." I say confused.

"Do you like tea, coffee, we have apple juice too if you'd like."

"Umm Ill have some juice please."

She walked into to the kitchen and I hear the fridge open, then close.

"So was she your mom?"

"Yes, I haven't seen her in awhile, as you can tell."

She walks out with two cups, and hands me one.

"I knew your mother, only for about a month or two, but we were good friends you could say. She went through some troubled times, she even told me you ran away, on her birthday was it." I put my head down in sadness. "But that doesn't matter now, what matters is that your back, right? Anyways, your mom had told me that she was going to move, and I told her, well make sure you tell me when, because I love this house." She laughed.

"My mom loved it too." I say.

"Yes, but you see... about a week after she had moved and I had bought this house, he had become very ill."

"Is she okay? Is she in the hospital?" I ask frantically.

"She was diagnosed with cancer, and only had a while to live, she is in the hospital now, if you'd like to go see her, I'll drive you."

"Yes, yes please."

We had arrived at the hospital after about a ten minute drive.

"Umm I'm here to see my mom, Tanya Eros."

"Umm Tanya Eros, she is on the third floor room 308."

"Okay thank you."

I quickly run to the elevator to find it just closing, and going to the fourth floor, damn it, legs don't fail me now.

I run quickly to the stairs and finally reach the third floor, out of breath from all of those stairs I open the door to the hall and look for 308.

I open the door to se my mom sleeping, seeing her with all those tubes in her disgusted me,the doctor looks at me with a sad smile.

"She should be waking up and minute now, if you'd like to wait."

"Okay thank you."

The doctor leaves the room and with the click of the door my moms eyes flutter open.

"Mom?" I say lightly.

"Lauren? Honey is that you." she asks.

"Yeah mom, it's really me. I'm home, and I'm never leaving again." I say, tears in my eyes.