Animal Justice

3 Mar, 2001

Bunny

Daddy thinks I'm too young to be a part of his meetings. He says when I'm older I can come in with him to work. I think that's dumb. I'm a decade old today, double digits! How old will finally be enough for him...

It's my party today. I'm so excited! There's going to be cake and balloons and presents and chips and drinks and games. It's going to be so much fun! Chloe's going to come and bring all her friends and then we'll start working on the animal justice thing. Daddy says that's what we should call it. The 'Animal Justice' thing.

I don't like the name. It's too obvious. Chloe doesn't like it either. But I guess it works. Then the door rang, and Daddy called over for me to open the door.

Right here, right now, he needs me.

3 Mar, 2009

Pandora cheered beside me. It was my birthday, and it was mine to flaunt. Even if most of the people we invited didn't show up, the people who mattered were here. Pandora, Eve, Andre, Liam. There was even this one kid that Andre invited named Tom.

Pandora was honestly the best. She still managed to find a way to make my last birthday at school great, even though all signs led to it not being so good. Not only that, she let me date her bloody brother with no questions asked! That being said, I'm not completely sure Liam is right for me.

But for now, the sex is good. Isn't that all that really matters in a relationship for people my age? But me, being the dreamer, sometimes looks at the stars at night and imagines fantasies where he loves me.

But right here, right now, he doesn't need me.

3 Mar, 2020

There are things in this world that some of us simply cannot understand. For example, if an average person were to look at my situation, they'd ask why I didn't just go home and celebrate my fucking birthday. They wouldn't understand. I need to do this.

If I don't, then Felucca won't end up with me. It's not his fault he doesn't know my birthday. He needs help with moving, so I'm helping him. After what his Dad did, it'd be cruel to make him stay in that house any longer.

Right here, right now, he needs out of there.

3 Mar, 2021

Jesus Christ. It's my fucking birthday today, and now is when Pandora decides to give birth? Of course, this means nobody's going to come see me. Additionally, I can't even go to see my best friend because the last time I tried to see her, Felucca told me to fuck off and never come near them again.

Was the shower really that bad? Why else would they be shunning me from their lives?

After everything I'd done for Pandora - this is how she repays me? Fuck her. Fuck all of them. I don't need them. And they don't need me.

Right here, right now, nobody needs me.

3 Mar, 2001

I opened the door, and Chloe was smiling at me. She had all her cool friends behind her, and I let them all in.

Chloe was the best - she was my only friend, but she was also one of the most popular girls in the year. So, whenever people wouldn't wanna hang out with me, they would anyway because Chloe was. We cut the cake and everyone cheered, and eventually Daddy said that he had to go for a bit. So, we played some Truth or Dare.

First, because I was the birthday girl, I got to ask anybody the question.

"Truth or dare?" I asked Chloe, because she was the only person I knew.