"Really?" I say, shaking the bag with a disgusted look. He giggles.

"A worker gave it to me, it was my reward for helping out. I saved it for you because I know you like to skip out on meals,"

" Aww! Next time save something good for me," I joke.

"Ha ha," he said with a toneless expression, he leans in my ear to whisper something. "Did you ever get to talk to your parents?"

I lean into Darryl's ear and brush his hair out of the way. "Yeah, I'm not allowed to talk to you,"

"What? But you're talking to me right now," Darryl frowns in realization, "Zak! You're going to get in trouble!"

I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow to him. "Why, do you not want me to talk to you?"

"No! I just don't want you to get into trouble,"

I lean back in a chair. "My parents won't hurt me, don't worry. And I've told you yesterday, I'm willing to take the risk for you,"

He nodded as he smiled. "Thanks, muffinhead," I heard him say quietly

———

After 3 classes, we had computer science. I took a seat with Valerie and Darryl.

"Zak!" Valerie greeted me excitedly. Darryl waved to me with a happy appearance.

The computer was already powered on and the file of our 3D model. All we had so far was the head shape, but I could tell Valerie and Darryl were getting started on the eyes.

"So," Valerie started the conversation, "What are you guys planning on doing during winter break?"

I shrugged. "Why is everyone talking about winter break? It's still so far away,"

Valerie shrugged. "It's actually pretty close if you think about it. Time goes by so fast. I was just wondering what you two were going to do,"

I stare at Darryl who shrugged too. "Eh, nothing really. Maybe go on a few dates with the one I love," I say in a cheeky voice, watching Darryl blush with the corner of my eye.

Valerie giggled. "Wow, you're so romantic, Zak! What about you Darryl?"

Darryl's face was semi-red, "I don't know," he says chewing on his words, "depends on what my partner wants,"

Valerie sighs and rests her head in the palm of her hand. "You guys are making me feel so single,"

Darryl and I exchange looks. "Do you like anyone? I bet we can set you up," Darryl asks her.

She jumps up in her seat a little, "Well, yes, but you guys are close with them, so I don't want to make things awkward between me and them,"

"Come on! You can tell us!" Darryl insists, "We won't tell, just tell us please,"

Valerie smiled shyly before whispering a name into Darryl's ear. He gasped, while covering his mouth, making me curious who it was.

"Can I tell Zak?" He asks.

Valerie shrugs slightly. "As long as he doesn't tell,"

"I'm not a snitch," I reassure Valerie, dying to know who her crush is. Valerie nods to Darryl as a signal to tell me. He giggles, excited to tell me.

He leans in close to my ear, and whispers a name into my ear. A name that shocked me. That confused me.  I made sure it was who I thought, and it was.

Valerie told us not to tell them or set them up. We weren't going to of course. I wondered if they would be interested in Valerie, I mean, she's nice and smart, but would she be their preference?

It took me some time to think about it. Valerie wasn't lying when she said that we were close to her crush. I knew a lot about her crush, her crush's type.

Valerie had wavy, long, golden brown hair and kind, blue eyes. She often wore a white headband and a plaid grayish blue skirt paired with a white uniform shirt and a navy blue blazer that usually had at least one button buttoned. Our school didn't have uniforms, but she always dressed in one.

I couldn't be sure, but I'm pretty sure that Valerie's crush was into guys.

Her crush probably had the same type that I did.

"Are you ever planning to tell her?" Darryl asks.

Valerie shrugs shyly. "Maybe. If I think she's into me, but I highly doubt that she is,"

Darryl and I nod in unison. We continued to work on our project. "You should ask her to prom!" I say encouragingly.

She giggled with a flustered sense. "You really think so?"

"Definitely! You don't need my permission, just go for it! Plus, it won't make anything awkward between you two. She might think you're going as friends and if she likes you back then it'll be like a date!"

Valerie shrugs. "She's probably not into girls,"

Darryl and I share disappointed looks. "We can ask her about it,"

She twitched lightly. "Ok. Just don't tell her anything about me,"

We nodded once more. We chose to focus on our project, but I kept getting sidetracked when thinking about Valerie's crush.

I was really excited for prom. I usually skipped it because I never had a date, but now that I had Darryl I was excited to go.

My first prom, 10 weeks away.

—————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 31 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

The prom chapter is going to be the last chapter btw
(After the last chapter theres going to be an epilogue and a Easter egg + story details + things to come chapter)