12 - tokyo love hotel

Start from the beginning

third, we both faced the camera while i was beaming with one of my arms around his neck. he was at least looking at the camera in this one.

during the fourth photo, i winked at the camera and put up a peace sign, and kenma actually gave a small smile to the camera!!!

in the fifth photo, i was estatic because he smiled in the previous picture. cupping the opposite side of his face, i gave him a peck on the cheek and he blushed deeply.

once we finished taking photos, i hopped out of the booth and grabbed the two strips of pictures that came out of the machine. i excitedly handed kenma his, "this is so cute ken~!!" especially in our onesies, i thought that it was adorable. "i'm gonna put this in my scrapbook!!"

"a-ah... okay (l/n)..."

waving the images, i smiled at him once more, "call me (y/n)! is it okay if i call you ken?" he nodded, and we both went back to where the rest of the players started to gather.

changing out of our onesies, the rest of the group finally came back. "(y/n)!!! i told you not to leave the group!!! you're lucky that kenma offered to catch up with you," suga scolded me, obviously worried.

halfway bowing, i apologized to the setter, "sorry! i got caught up in the adrenaline... oh! but look at these cute photos that kenma and i took!"

i held up the photos and a couple of the other boys came over to see as well. their faces turned red and they turned toward the pudding haired setter, "kenma...?"

sensing their jealous auras, i quickly stood in front of the setter, "stopppp!!! leave ken alone! let's get food from those vending machines!!" i changed their focus, giving sad puppy eyes to convince them.

their auras quickly changed, i could tell that it worked. i pulled suga and kuroo along with me, happily walking along the night lit streets.

we found a side street that was filled with various vending machines and some street stalls and we split off into smaller groups.

i ended up walking around with the third years, and also the setters of nekoma and fukurodani. asahi and i grabbed some ramen from a machine, suga and daichi got some meat kabobs, kuroo and bokuto got some takoyaki, akaashi got some crepes, and kenma got an apple pie.

carefully, i tried the noodles, surprised at the quality of the meal. i brightened up, happily eating it all up, until daichi stuck out his meat kabob to me, "here, you need meat so that you can fully regain your energy and heal."

gratefully taking it, i smiled, "thanks, daichi!! i'll enjoy it!"

we met back up with the rest of the boys, finding a place to sit and finish up their food together. i took a bite of the meat, noticing bokuto's glances. i held out the food to him, and he happily took a bite off the stick. "thanks (l/n)!"

smiling at him, i told the entire group, "just call me (y/n) from now on! i might shorten your names starting now, but let me know if you don't like it!"

their faces flushed a bit, but i was met with nods of affirmation from the players.

finishing up, we all decided to walk around a bit before we had to head back.

we walked through the shibuya crossing, karasuno was spinning around with awe while looking around. i was doing the same thing, still shocked at how many people were in one place. an uneasy feeling filled my gut as i remembered the recent meeting with the demon king. i'll have to tell oyakata sama later...

the greenettte pulled me back to reality, holding my hand like bokuto did earlier. "(y/n)? are you okay? you've been spacing out a lot..."

i pulled his hand and stood beside him as we walked, "i'm okay! my brain is just a bit scattered, haha."

he was still a bit worried, so he kept holding my hand as we walked through the streets of tokyo. eventually the group stopped, all eyes upon a samurai demonstration. apparently, there was a small group giving lessons on batto/swordsmanship at the small courtyard we had walked across.

seeing their... i'm sorry, they just have horrible form, they're teaching this? my hand slightly tightened around the freckled boy's and we approached one of the instructors. tanaka was given the sword, oh dear god, and was trying to show off that he was manly and knew what he was doing.

i couldn't help but chuckle, "you're holding it wrong naka~" this caught his attention and the instructor's as i critiqued from the edge of the group.

of course, being the loud person he was, the second year took some offense, "oh yeah?? why don't you try, (y/n)? it's not that easy..."

the instructor then handed me the sword, causing me to let go of yamaguchi's hand. somehow, the sword was a nichirin blade that demon slayers used...

not holding it for five seconds, the blade began to shift colors, becoming tinted with a (favorite color) hue. color slightly drained from my face, how do i explain this? it changed because i was powerful enough to change the color, but i can't explain that to everyone...

playing it off, i looked at the instructor who had their eyes wide, "u-uhm.... go ahead and try the s-sword then!"

sadly i can't show off.

fully, at least.

instead of one of my usual cloud style strikes, i did some of the basic strokes that muichiro taught me when i was first learning. memories flooded my head, but i soon snapped out of it as the boys and instructor were cheering.

the instructor came over to me, whispering, "are you a demon slayer??"

stiffly, i nodded and brought one finger up to my lips, "keep it a secret, please? they don't know... sorry i changed its hue by the way..."

"no, no! no worries, it's been in my family for ages, never used." they took back the weapon and i bowed, then leaving to rejoin the group.

kinoshita was still in slight awe, "that was so cool (y/n)!!"

i smiled and started walking with the second years, "thanks kino!! it really wasn't much though... i have some practice."

ennoshita grinned at me, "you looked pretty cool up there, and didn't the sword change color?"

"u-uhhh what? i don't think it did... you probably just saw the reflection of something in the blade!" i came up with an excuse, slipping my own umbrella sword to be across my body to stay in place. "either way, thanks enno~!"

we started to head back to the train station to get back to the training camp, but still taking small stops on the way. i linked my arms with kinoshita and narita as we walked, pointing out small things that caught my attention as we walked.

i think that i had a pretty good night.

word count - 1805
a/n - this chapter is lowkey a mess lmaoo i just want moments with everyone 🥺 any love interests y'all wanna see in the long run? like and comment!
-nova✨