✧ Secret Santa ✧

a cute little office secret santa au where ray plays matchmaker, and gerard and frank are panicked gays. i love this so much they're so stupid and it's helping me cope with the ultimate guide.

----

And, well, I'm too much of a coward to say this in person, but... I've got a crush on you, as well.

"What," Frank whispered to himself, reading the note attached to the gift over and over and over -- ensuring that his mind wasn't playing tricks on him as it most definitely read that.

Sincerely, your Secret Santa :")

"Who the hell--" Frank breathed out, heart pounding and fluttering. "Who are you?"

✦✦✦

The next day when Frank showed up to the office, the scent of Christmas and Monday morning was strong as Ray sipped on his coffee -- raising an eyebrow at Frank.

"Who the fuck was my Secret Santa?" Frank demanded in a hushed whisper, glancing around.

"Do you think that I know?" Ray asked, sipping nonchalantly. "Why do you want to know? It's called 'Secret' Santa for a reason."

"Because whoever got me that fucking Misfits vinyl I've been wanting also told me that they had a fucking crush on me," Frank exasperated to his manager slash best friend. "Somebody likes me, Ray. This is like, a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

Frank raised an eyebrow further, sitting closer and keeping his expression neutral. "They said they liked you?"

"Yeah," Frank breathed out, eyes wide. "They said they were too scared to tell me in person. It's kinda useless if I don't know who it is, though. I-- I mean, what if it's..."

Frank trailed off, Ray already knowing who he was referencing. Ray knew full well of who his Secret Santa had been, though -- but kept his poker face strong, shrugging. "Well, maybe they'll work up the courage to tell you in person soon."

"Yeah, but I get off for the holidays on Wednesday, Ray," Frank frowned. "It's going to kill me all break if I don't know."

Ray only shrugged once more. "I can ask around, if you want."

"Please." Frank pleaded.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." Ray said, sighing and placing his cup down. "And I don't know about you, but I know damn well that you've got deadlines to be meeting. Maybe you should kinda go work on those."

"Alright, alright." Frank nodded quickly, scurrying out of the office and back into his own cubicle, where he sighed -- wondering how the hell he'd be able to focus for the rest of the day...

✦✦✦

"Hey, Way." Ray said as he walked into the cubicle, the blonde man whipping his gaze from his computer to hum, chair spinning around to face him.

"Huh?" He said dumbly. "Erm, uh, hey. What's up?"

Ray sighed, dropping his voice -- despite Gerard already being secluded within unoccupied office space. "Really? Admitting your feelings through an anonymous gift?"

"W--what?" Gerard asked, cheeks flushing as he smiled crookedly -- a nervous coping mechanism. "Who told-- oh my god."

"Frank is freaking out," Ray said, leaning back against the wall and tapping his fingers behind him. "You've gotta tell him in person soon, or he's gonna combust, Gerard."