✦ The Hardest Part... ✦

wow, i love this concept a whole lot holy shit :00 i tried writing a bit of spooky-ish//horror? i want to get better at this, so i'm practicing :) if u guys have any scary or gruesome prompts/concepts u want to request, i'll gladly check them out.

tw: horror (?), gore//death, blood, and just really dark and gruesome things in general i guess.

----

Brittle leaves crunched beneath heavy soles -- moist and damp and clinging to the dirt, twigs and beetles squirming beneath the pressure coming down upon them, the breeze blowing softly as the faintest ring of chimes called out in the far distance.

Gerard's breath was shallow, his fingers curled around a loose fist as he gazed around -- the seemingly endless abyss of forest following him shrouding him in dim darkness, spare glints of moonlight peeking through the leaves, casting their cool shadow upon the wooded ground.

Freezing, a gust lingered along Gerard's shoulder, frilling up the bottom of his gown as he slowly gazed around, smoothing the dotted fabric back down as his parted lips released near-silent breaths. He remained deathly silent, his throat unable to force out any syllables, even if he had desired to do so. His fist tightened, clenching so tightly that his blunt nails dug into the skin, no-doubtedly leaving crescent-shaped indents in the pale flesh as he shakily drew in a breath.

His body trembled as a whirring shadow snapped through the horizon stretched out across the trees, the very tail-end of his vision revealing a silhouetted creature on the prowl -- disappearing as quickly as he had appeared, only to manifest once more in a swift movement, only closer this time.

Biting his tongue, Gerard was unable to move -- frozen still with terror as his knuckles turned white, his other hand grasping the thin fabric of the gown subconsciously, clinging to it for some sort of support against himself, trembling like a leaf.

The shadow lingered a number of yards from where the patient stood -- staring him down straight into the depths of his very soul, its dark, wispy being flitting around slowly as Gerard's chest burned with fear -- eyes wide as he stared right back at the monster, still unable to move.

"You're dying," An echoing hiss in his ear whispered, electricity shooting down his spine as the saying reverberated endlessly in all directions, continuing on until it was only a mere echo falling into the distance.

Gerard gulped as the silhouette drew nearer, blipping to only a mere few feet in front of him -- Gerard gazing wide-eyed in terror at the creature snarling in front of him.

Inky black, it seemed unable to truly cement into a solid form, rather taking one of an eerie shadow -- inky substance dripping from its smooth, sickly skin as he slowly inched closer. No recognizable features were distinguished among the creature, only darkness gaping into a jagged, fearsome mouth, and voided, lifeless eyes staring into him -- shiny like a beetle, and dark as if the manifestation of Gerard's deepest fears.

"Have you heard the news?" The voice drawled once more, Gerard's grip upon his fist loosening into nothing as his fingers fell limply --- twitching slightly as he was paralyzed to the spot. "You're dead."

Gerard shook his head slowly, jaw trembling as he stared wide-eyed at the demon.

"You're nothing," It hissed cruelly, inches from Gerard's face as it blipped once more -- Gerard finding it hard to find any breath to suck in, oxygen seemingly stolen from the echoing forest as the shadow crackled in front of him, some of the inky substance drawing out and tainting his gown and pale skin. "This is your worst nightmare, Gerard."