"It's okay," he replied nonchalantly.

"Did you have dinner?" she asked, hoping that she hadn't crossed any limits.

"No, I am not hungry." Vihaan sat on the edge of the bed, facing her. "Do you have anything else to say?" he asked as he saw her tapping her feet.

"Uh, yes. There's a change in my schedule. I will be working in the hotel on Sundays and Mondays. It has been done so that I can place most of my attention to the murder case," she said.

"Okay, it's good then. Join us tomorrow. We can start working on it as soon as we can. Bhai will drop you at the Bureau," he replied.

That was the end of their conversation.

They had nothing in common other than a will for the right result in the end. She was the one led by emotions and heart, whereas he was led by his mind. She wanted to run out and heal the wounded; he never cared about other people except for his family. His job was his priority, and he would go to any extent to punish the culprits.

Every step she took had to tangibly bring her closer to the overall goal, to be helping, reducing pain, spreading understanding. Her scars didn't change her personality but made her a better version of herself. He wasn't like that. He could walk in the opposite direction for as long as it didn't involve emotions and women. Even though he felt guilty for his actions, his mind overpowered his heart.

* * *

"You don't have to be scared. You can always come to me, Dad, or Vihaan if there's any problem. I am still sceptical if Vihaan would help you, but you can still approach him if you want to. But before that, there's always Amar who can be of great help," Viraaj explained to Akanksha as he led her through the Bureau.

She was keenly listening to him as he showed her the various departments in the Bureau.

"There he is! Hey, Amar! Come here," Viraaj called out.

A guy almost of Viraaj's age jogged his way through the people and stood in front of them. He had pitch-black hair, which was gently gelled back, and he was dressed in a formal shirt and jeans like every other male there.

"Yes, brother? How may I help you?" he asked as he flashed a beautiful smile towards them.

"This is Akanksha. She's our new forensic expert, who happens to be Vihaan's wife and my sister-in-law. I want you to show her the desk and brief her on the details," Viraaj ordered.

"Aye aye, captain! I will do that. Hello! I am Officer Amar Shekhawat from the Special Crimes Division."

He forwarded his hands towards Akanksha, and she gently shook her hands with him. Viraaj bade goodbye to her, and Amar started leading her towards her desk.

"Good morning, Sir!" she greeted.

"Hey, no Sir and all, please. We are at the same level. So, you can call me Amar," he requested.

A smile broke on her face, and she nodded with twinkling eyes.

"I always thought that Vihaan Sir's marriage was a rumour. Even though Viraaj talked a lot about you, Vihaan Sir and marriage? No chance! But now I have to believe it as his wife is walking along with me in flesh and blood," he joked.

Akanksha's head drooped down in embarrassment.

"Hey, it's okay. Viraaj never really hides anything from me. I know what happened. You don't need to be embarrassed. You can always count me as an older brother," he said softly.

She passed a gentle smile at him. Her marriage wasn't top-secret. But it was weird for her as she heard someone talking about her and Vihaan as a couple.