| xxx: two can keep a secret |

"The dead only knows their world

"The dead only knows their world." — Lailah Gifty Akita

" — Lailah Gifty Akita

Jaipur, India

When Akanksha had heard Vihaan calling them kids, all she wanted to do was to laugh. But little deep down she knew that they were kids, as Vihaan would like to call them, looking at the mischief and excitement in their eyes. It was child-like and she could relate, since she had been through that phase, albeit carrying the tag of marriage.

She knew she had screwed up as she popped the question in the wrong way. The way their innocent eyes had dimmed only made her think that Trishna, must have been of their age, young and passionate. It somewhere ached her heart that why such a young soul became prey to the hungry serial killer.

Yes, she did not doubt that it was the serial killer's deed. After Prabhakar Raut and Vineet Nair, it was only him who was to be blamed.

Fear of getting your identity revealed, was what Vihaan had told her that opened her mind to think of other possibilities. That one single line gave a new direction to their investigation.

Maybe the man with the tattoo who kidnapped Vibha wasn't the serial killer. It could be the 'face' like Vihaan had mentioned.

"Trishna was the editor here at Something Shady. She particularly edited and wrote articles for the magazine. But her specialisation was Investigative journalism. That's why Criminal Minds, our crime and mystery section of the magazine, was handled by both of us." Jay, the Editor-In-Chief of the magazine, explained. "She and I were the only ones who were actually studying journalism."

The last line piqued her interest. "What do you mean by you and Trishna were the only ones studying journalism? Are these not journalists?" She pointed towards the other people who were standing in the line.

The moment the words fell out of her mouth, all of them were squirming in their position. Jay slowly shook his head, her suspicions coming true.

"They are all coming from different backgrounds, but all of them are interested in working for this magazine. Like you see her," he pointed towards one of the girls, who then, later on, waved at me, "she's studying fashion designing. She's a topper in her college and works as the head of the style and fashion department. Sherry, you have met him before," Sherry gave another excited wave, "is doing bachelors in culinary arts, so he runs the rude food, as we would like to call it, the food tips and tricks part of the magazine. Apart from pursuing what they like to do, they get the freedom here to put their thoughts into words and spread them via this magazine."