| liv: the mavericks |

"I love you for your big heart, and for making everything right again

"I love you for your big heart, and for making everything right again."  — Vihaan Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

"  — Vihaan Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

Mumbai, India

When the morning came, Vihaan and Akanksha were still asleep, in each other's arms. Vihaan had his arms protectively around his wife while the latter had her face nuzzled into his chest.

Akanksha, while still asleep, wiggled out of his arms and rolled to the other side. The sharp rays of sunlight fell directly on her face and she let an unlady like scrunch appear on her face. She made a mental note to change the curtains as the white ones did not help at all. Taking one last yawn, she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

She yawned again and covered her face with her palm. She turned her head to look back at her husband. The memories of the last instantly made her blush and she jumped out of her bed and ran to the balcony.

Summer came fast as the month of May had arrived. The sky blazed blue and the sun was in the hues of yellow, free and bright. The day was breezy and Akanksha closed her eyes, feeling the breeze sway her hair. The trees rose to the occasion, donning their best verdant hues, and everywhere were the flowers, the scattered rainbow that they were.

Akanksha watched the trees and how they swayed in the warming breeze. It was that time when summer began to blossom into something the body felt as much as the brain when the emotions caught their thermal updrafts.

The weather was uplifting and the day was special. And on top of it, Akanksha felt great.

She headed back into her room to get her clothes from the closet before she headed out to get ready for the day.

She took extra time to clean up and since she had high alcohol tolerance, she wasn't hungover at all.

When Akanksha came out of her hour-long beauty bath, she saw Vihaan leaning against the headboard, scrolling something over his phone.

Vihaan heard the bathroom click and he switched his attention from the phone to his wife. A light smile grazed their lips as they looked at each other.

"Good morning," he wished her. Akanksha nodded. "I am heading downstairs, freshen up and come down." She told him. "Should I bring some lemon juice?"