| iii: vihaan |

"There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare

"There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare."― Mary Renault, The Charioteer

"― Mary Renault, The Charioteer

Jaipur, India

Chirag hugged me like there was no tomorrow. I signalled Pranav and Aditya to join us. It was after such a long time that we were all like this, standing together in each other's embrace.

The feeling was surreal. It was so surprising that even after what had happened to us in the past, we were all together. Stronger than ever.

"Shay, why didn't you tell us that you were coming today? We could have come and picked you up," Chirag asked, breaking the hug.

"Nah! I didn't want to. I wanted it to be a surprise. It was so fun looking at your shocked faces," I laughed.

"It was more like having a sadistic pleasure by giving away the spoilers of Endgame," Aditya grumbled, huffing out his annoyance.

Ignoring him, I continued, "Besides, I had already informed Mr. Singh, who had kept the news of my arrival a secret. So, it was all good."

"Okay, we are happy that you are finally here, Shay-Shay, but can we please have lunch now? I am starving," whined Aditya.

The lunch was a fun affair. We chatted — it was more of teasing each other. Diya was a sweet girl. I had a fun conversation with her. She was very easygoing, well-mannered, and poised, unlike Chirag, who was a monkey.

The one thing I was glad about was that Diya wasn't insecure about our friendship. She knew how close we all were. I was glad that she had gotten more comfortable with us than last time.

The last time we had met her, Chirag had introduced her to them so that they could give them our approval. Looking at her face, I had figured out that she was scared of us. But now, she was all okay.

After a tiring lunch, I sat in my room all evening, going through the minutes of the meeting. I was highlighting important points and issues which I had to address in the next meeting when my phone started vibrating. I picked up my phone and frowned, glancing at the caller ID.