| l: surprises and sneak ins |

"True nostalgia is an ephemeral composition of disjointed memories

"True nostalgia is an ephemeral composition of disjointed memories." — Florence King

" — Florence King

Mumbai, India

"So he isn't the tattooed guy?" Vihaan asked Akanksha for one final confirmation.

After a strenuous day outside, the couple were now in the confines of the room, finally getting some time for each other and for themselves.

"How can he be, Vihaan? The tattooed guy is relatively younger than Ravi Solanki. Also, the former has a certain body shape since it looks like he has been frequently working out whereas I can't say the same for the latter," She shrugged.

"There's nothing really we could find you know. From the reports that I had gotten from other states, there was no trace," he told her. Akanksha hummed, pushing herself to lay sideways on her bed, without hurting her head. She kept the phone closer to her face and looked at her husband over the video call.

"I have sent the bullet for testing so that I can get news that it was shot from the same hunting gun that the police had found eight years ago," she told him but stopped from saying further when she saw him getting drowsy.

His drooping eyes clearly showed that he was very tired to talk. Akanksha smiled looking at his efforts to stay awake and talk to her.

"Get some sleep, Vihaan. We had a very long day today," but Vihaan did not say anything for he was asleep already. Akanksha chuckled, not before screenshotting the picture. "Sweet dreams, dear husband."

* * *

Akanksha got up very late the following day. It was already afternoon. It was a day off for her and her team. After a lot of field work yesterday, she had decided to give them a day off before they could fly back to Jaipur the next day. Akanksha was staying back for two more days since she had her birthday coming up the next day and thought to celebrate it here, in Mumbai.

Akanksha lazily got off her bed and dragged herself to the washroom. She didn't care to get a bath and just came out after brushing her teeth.

Still in her summer shorts and old worn out tank top she walked down the stairs, yawning all the way down. On the way, she met her favourite nephew, who was playing all by himself.