Ch. 8 - eyes

A/N: I'm sorry I'm a bad author this is so late and it's short and rushed and therefore poorly written.

⚠️trigger warning⚠️
There are depictions of PTSD and general anxiety throughout the chapter. (I've tried to make it as accurate as possible based on my research but feedback would be appreciated because I don't want to paint the wrong picture.)
Have fun reading!

Deku POV.
     Shinso told me that we're allowed to leave the hospital because I'm not in critical condition and there's not much else they can do for me. Aizawa left the room for a moment to sign some forms to let me leave.

     I grasp onto shinso's hand as he helps me stand, and after finding that my mangled hand was healed, I tried using it to push myself off the bed, but I couldn't move any of my fingers. I panicked for a moment but Shinso immediately calmed me down by telling me to look at him and take big breaths. I tried standing again, this time with nothing but Shinso for support.

     When I was fully off the bed, my legs were achy and shaking violently. I tried to take a step forward but landed face first into Shinso's chest. I whimpered out an apology but he didn't seem to mind as he carefully set me back down on the bed with pink dusting his cheeks.

     "It's alright Midoriya I don't mind. Let's get you a wheelchair so you don't have to stand, okay?" I nod again, and after some hesitation, I let out a quiet 'okay'.

     He steps away from me to go to the small closet within the room and I whimper on accident at the loss of contact. He seems to understand that I'm okay though, so he doesn't come rushing back to my side. Instead, he opts to continue speaking with his calming voice.

     "I'm here. I'm just going into the closet to see if they have a foldable wheelchair in there. I'm staying right in this room, where you can see me, and I promise I won't leave you."

     My cheeks flush in embarrassment and I give a small nod to let him know that I'm okay.

     He comes back to me with the wheelchair and helps me in it, talking reassuringly the whole time. His tired smile is kind and comforting.

     "Th-thank you." I whisper as he pushes me closer to the door.

     Soon after Aizawa re-enters the room, cautiously. When the door opens I can hear multiple people chatting in the hallway, so many that all the voices blend together and it's hard to pick out one individual one. I shift in my wheelchair further from the door in discomfort.

     "Hey kid. Are you ready to leave now? There's going to be a lot of people out there, but none of them will hurt you, you're completely safe." I nod silently, despite my brain thinking the exact opposite. I'm with Shinso, I'll be fine.

     I'm wheeled out slowly behind Aizawa and immediately flinch when someone walks by in the hallway close enough to accidentally brush shoulders with Aizawa.

     It's just a doctor. I'm safe here.

     We enter the waiting room and there's a bunch of people there. A baby starts crying and a receptionist is trying to clam down an angry person at her desk. The man starts yelling and I press the palms of my hands over my ears, bringing my knees up to my chest. Tears well up in my eyes and I squeeze them shut.

     I'm safe here. I'm safe here. I'm s-

     A hand touches my cheek and I freeze up, not moving a muscle.

     No, I can't be back there. I thought it was over.

     My teary eyes open to be met with lilac ones. It only takes mere moments to fall into his abyss and nothing else matters. Everything around us is forgotten, everything but his eyes. They take my breath away. They're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

     "I've got you. You're alright." I nod my head absentmindedly.

     He pulls his hand away from my cheek and the warmth leaves with it. He's no longer crouching in front of me as he goes to push my wheelchair again. I just close my eyes shut tight and focus all of my energy on repainting his eyes inside my head.

     When we got to UA I was told that it was a Thursday and that the school day would be over soon. That's why there weren't many people outside. It was nice being outside. The air felt so much better and smelled better too.

     "Hey kid, how do you feel visiting your class today? They all really missed you. There's no rush though. We can wait until tomorrow if you feel up to coming to class."

     I thought about Uraraka and Todoroki again.

     "Can we... wait?"

     "Sure kid, that's fine. Lets get you to Shinso's dorm."

761 words.