Ch. 27 - Shock

A/N: some stress, some facing his past, and a tad bit of fluff.

Trigger warning:
In the first half of the chapter he has a few more minor trauma responses but it doesn't get very descriptive or very far. The section of the chapter that is labeled as potentially triggering includes somewhat descriptive mentions of scars (not self inflicted), so please don't read past the warning (⚠️) if that might bother you.
Have fun reading!

Izuku POV

I was being wheeled out of recovery girls office, sitting there sleepily as Aizawa came into veiw.

"Oh, problem child. I was hoping to catch you here. We're going to power loaders workshop to see if we can get that band off your wrist." I snapped to attention at that, snatching my wrist to my chest.

"No." I used my feet to push my wheelchair back slightly away from Aizawa, then I freeze for a moment thinking I'm going to get in trouble for talking back before remembering that Aizawa is safe and I'm next to Shinso.

He scratches his head in confusion, looking like he's considering what his next words should be.

I recall the hot flashes of pain that racked my whole body the last time I tried to take it off.

"Child, I hate saying this but your quirk is going to help you catch up with your classmates. You can't use it without taking that band off."

"You won't get it off." My voice is wobbly.

"Sure we can. We just need a pair of pliers or something to break it. You don't need a key, you know?"

"Y-yes you do. That's the only way."

"Look kid, I don't know what kind of lies they spewed at you while you were with the league, but it's just a piece of metal with some quirk cancelling tech in it."

"No it's not." I think Shinso realized what I was talking about. "While you left to teach on Friday he told the detective that he had tried to take off the band a few times but it had just sent some sort of really painful electrical shock through him." He supplies.

"How painful?" Aizawa questioned, looking slightly worried.

"Please, I don't want to feel it again." I cried, trying to take deep breaths. All of my muscles would contract at once, making my body shake. The first time it happened I was in the room with the blue haired man and even after the initial shock there were spasms throughout my body and there were black spots clouding my vision from his laughing face.

"It's alright, you won't have to." Shinso speaks to me, then to Aizawa. "He said it lasted anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds and his whole body would lock up, and he usually passed out after."

"Alright. We won't try to take it off today, but I still want you to go to power loader to see if he can find a way that it can be taken off safely. How does that sound?"

"Okay. Th-thank you, sensei." I thanked him quietly, trying to calm my nerves.

They won't let it happen again, and even if it did, it's not like it will kill me. If it means getting it off I would go through it again.

Shinso and I follow Aizawa to power loader's workshop and it takes them a few minutes to convince me to let him touch the band, because I started having second thoughts.

He was relatively gentle with it but the second he had pulled out some sort of screwdriver I drew the line. No way was he messing with this thing while it was still on me. I convinced Shinso to get us to leave and we went straight to his dorm.