Ch. 9 - Fanboy

A/N: heyo, I'm not dead, just have a lot going on right now. I know I keep saying this but I'm sorry and I'm gonna try to update more often.

Trigger warning:
There's some minor freaking out because of like overthinking and stuff and an Almost-panic attack. I'm not really sure what it would be called but yeah. If something like this might make you uncomfortable or trigger something, please don't read past the warning (⚠️). Treat yourself with care, because you deserve it.
Have fun reading!

Deku's POV

The gen-ed dorms are almost identical to 1-A's, except it's a little messier. It's almost relieving that it smells more like leftover takeout than bleach and artificial lemon.

     "On our way here I had a teacher grab a couple pairs of clothes and your toothbrush from your dorm and move them to Shinso's dorm, so you should be good for a few days." Aizawa says.

     "Thank you." I say quietly. My throat still hurts even though I was given a cup of water before we left.

     We enter the elevator and go up to the second floor. His room is at the end of the hallway and when we enter his cheeks are dusted with pink. I soon realize why when I see a poster of Aizawa on his wall, and a figurine on his desk. Those are, like, super hard to find, and I feel myself fanboying a little bit. Granted, it's nothing like my all-might themed room, but It was definitely awkward the first time my Idol entered my room.

     Looking around the rest of the room, I see it's pretty minimalistic, with a bed, desk, wastebasket, a beanbag in the corner, and a closet. Everything is neat and tidy, even the pillows on the bed, except for the desk. It's covered in papers and empty coffee cups, a few pencils, an uncapped highlighter, and a desk lamp. There are a few papers on the ground around the desk too, and a folder that says confidential on it, with a few papers sticking out.

     I bet that's my case.

     The closet door is peaking open slightly and I see a green scarf with the name 'DEKU' on it. I flush in embarrassment and look down at my lap.

     I didn't even know they had merch for me, but it's nice to know I have a supporter, at least. It's kind of cute, too.

     "Uhm, I hope- I hope this is okay. My room is kind of a mess right now, but I can clean it up. Uh, feel free to make yourself at home and if you need anything, just tell me."

     "Thanks, Shinso." I say.

     "What's 1-A's homeroom teacher doing in front of Shinso's dorm?!' I hear a semi familiar voice yelling from down the hall. My flinch was almost undetectable but I think Shinso felt my wheelchair move so he noticed.

     "I'm not doing this today." Aizawa said, and walked down the hall, ignoring the boy who I've identified as one of Shinso's classmates that cheered for him at the sports fest. Shinso decides to speak up.

     "Hey douchebag."

     "Wha-"

     "Go to your room and stop sticking your nose in other people's business."

     I hear silence for a few seconds before a door shuts and Shinso turns back to me with a triumphant smile.

     I give him a quiet hum of approval.

     "Are you hungry? We haven't had breakfast or lunch, and I think someone ordered takeout downstairs."

     "Y-yeah, food sounds good." I mumble.

(⚠️trigger warning start⚠️)

     "Alright. You can stay in here if you want, and I'll bring the food up, or you can come with me downstairs." I think about him leaving me in his room and all the bad things that could happen, and I think that they might take me again and I get scared.

     "Please don't leave me." I whimper.

     "I'm not leaving you. You can come with me, okay?" He sounds almost like he's comforting a five year old, but it makes me feel safer.

     I bite my lip in embarrassment and look down, nodding slightly.

     I'm overthinking things. He's probably already so tired of me, but I bet Aizawa is making him take care of me as part of his training or something. He probably doesn't actually care, he just wants to become a hero like everybody else here.

     I'll try to make his job easier by talking less, freaking out less, and not bothering him with any of my problems. I mean, Uraraka was right. I am sort of useless because I couldn't save myself, so the least I could do is make my hero's job a little less difficult.

     He wheels me out of the room and back down the hallway, into the elevator. When we reach the first floor there are a bunch of kids from the gen-ed course, and most of them notice the formerly missing 1-A kid in the wheelchair. I stick out like a sore thumb.

     "Yo look! It's that missing kid!"

     "Wait, he's alive?"

     "He looks so sickly."

     "What was it like being tortured?"

     They were all coming at me at the same time and they were all so much taller than me because I'm sitting down and they were reaching towards me and I thought they were going to hit me and there were tears rolling down my face and-

     Shinso was standing in front of me blocking anyone from getting any closer.

     "All of you need to shut the fuck up and give him some space." He hissed.

     I lowered my trembling hands from my face as I watched Shinso's classmates become silent and step back. He's still seething as I reach up and tug lightly on his shirt.

     When he turns around his expression turns worried and soft.

     "I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

     I nod my head yes.

     "sorry." I sniffle, wiping my eyes. I didn't mean to freak out, it just happened too fast and I got overwhelmed.

     "It's okay, don't apologize, alright? You did nothing wrong."

(⚠️trigger warning end⚠️)

     "Okay." He pushed my wheelchair the rest of the way to the kitchen area and made sure I was always an arms length away as he grabbed silverware, bowls, cups, and food from takeout containers in the fridge.

     He opens one of the containers and peeks inside it.

     "Uhm, is Katsudon okay?"

     I think he can tell that I'm happy at the sound of that by the way my eyes light up, but I nod my head as well. Nothing but bread for months and now I get to have my favorite food? This is too good to be true.

    "Okay then. I'll make some tea with honey as well because it sounds like your throat is a bit sore."

     "Thank you Shinso." I bow my head towards him, wishing I could help. I'm still a bit nervous as I keep glancing behind us out into the common area.

     Two girls walk into the kitchen chatting noisily, and I lean away from them, but they don't acknowledge me or Shinso as they grab a bag of potato chips and leave.

     "Alright, can you hold the food since I'm pushing the wheelchair?" He asks.

     I give him a nod, reaching out. When he sets a bowl in my hands I almost drop it, forgetting I don't have use of my left hand, but he catches it. Before I can even apologize he speaks.

     "It's okay. I forgot about your hand. I'll grab a tray and we can set it in your lap. How does that sound?"

     I nod again. I'm such a nuisance, causing problems everywhere i go.

1190 words.