Ch. 24 - blue

A/N: yeah, I know I messed something up with the last chapter, and no I'm not sure what I did, but it should be fine now.
Have fun reading!

Izuku POV

While we were on the train I thought about how my mother's killer was on the loose and how they might know who I am. I started getting paranoid that they were on the train with us and they were going to hurt Shinso. He noticed me quietly freaking out and reassured me that he would be extra careful after I told him about it. It made me feel a bit better.

We are currently standing in front of the door to Shinso's parent's house. Well, Shinso is standing. I'm sitting in my wheelchair. It was a small two story white house with a grey roof. The front door was painted a light blue, and there was a worn down welcome mat with a faded design on it.

Shinso pulls out his keys and unlocks the door, wheeling me in.

"Mom, dad, I'm home!" He shouts, and I hear a pair of footsteps coming towards us. Who I assume is his mother walks into the living room. She has pale blue hair that's strikingly familiar, and for a moment I freeze up, but I push the thought of that man away. I'm supposed to be meeting Shinso's parents, not thinking about him.

"Welcome home honey, I'm so glad you could make it. Oh, you must be Midoriya! I'm so glad Hitoshi finally has a friend! He didn't tell me you were in a wheelchair though. My, that's a lot of bandages you have there-"

"Mom." Shinso groans in a warning tone.

"Th-thank you for having me, ma'am." I mumble.

"Oh, isn't he the cutest thing? You picked a good one Hitoshi! He sounds like he's got a sore throat though, is he sick?" I look down in embarrassment, feeling my face heat up.

"Mom." He says it a bit louder this time.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. Why don't you show your friend your room while I wait for your dad to get home from work? Although I'm not sure if you can get the wheelchair upstairs..."

"I got it, don't worry." Shinso mumbles. He pulls her into a quick hug before grabbing the wheelchair and pushing me across the living room.

When we get to the stairs he stops.

"Do you mind if I just carry you up? It would be easier than trying to get the whole wheelchair upstairs." He explains, looking at me expectantly.

"Oh, y-yeah, that's fine." He scoops me out of the chair, his arm muscles flexing underneath me, and walks us upstairs. I can't help but think he feels so strong and safe. His door is the last one in the hallway and we walk in.

The walls are painted a really dark blue, almost black, and his desk and bed frame are made of a matching dark wood. There's not really anything hanging on the walls and the room is pretty empty.

"Sorry about this. Most of my stuff is at the dorms so there's really nothing here."

"Oh, it's okay, I don't mind." He walks over to his bed and sets me down on it while I speak.

"Thanks..." I trail off. he nods.

This is really awkward.

"So, your mom seems nice, what's your dad like?" I really need to get back to talking more like I used to.

"Ah, he's kind of like Aizawa sensei, but nicer."

"So like you?" He laughs lightly at that.

"Yeah, I suppose. His quirk is persuasion, so he basically sounds really persuasive when he's talking, and it works better the more tired the person is. It's passive, he can't really control it. My mom's quirk is that her hair just sorta... floats? I dunno, but she can't really control it because it's also passive so she usually just keeps her hair in a bun like you saw downstairs."

"That's really cool. Is that why your hair sort of sticks up when it's dry? Ooh and the bags under your eyes, some side effect of your dad's quirk maybe, Ah but it's also probably partly from your insomnia." I mumble the last part quietly.

"What was that?" My eyes widen. He wasn't supposed to know that I was watching him so I shouldn't know that he has trouble falling asleep.

"Oh, nothing."

I faintly hear the front door open downstairs and direct my attention away from him.

"That's probably my dad. Mind if I take you back downstairs?"

I shake my head no and he scoops me up off the bed, exiting his bedroom and closing the door behind him with his foot. He starts down the stairs just as his mom calls us down and he responds with a "coming".

So, turns out meeting your crushes father while being held bridal style in your crushes arms is pretty awkward. Yes, I am officially calling him my crush.

"This must be your friend?" He asks, looking at us strangely.

"H-hello, sir."

"I'm glad you have friends, Hitoshi, but isn't this a little strange?"

"He was in an accident and isn't supposed to use his legs right now. I couldn't bring the wheelchair upstairs, dad."

"Ohhh, haha. Got it. Well, welcome to the Shinso household. I'm glad to see my son is making friends."

"You too?!" Shinso groans, exasperated.

"What? You know you never really had the best luck with that when you were younger. We're just happy." His mother butts in.

Something tells me that although they mean well it's a sensitive topic for Shinso. I move my gaze away from his parents to him, and his gaze moves down to me.

"Sorry about them," He whispers. "I told you they were nosy."

"It's okay." I mumble, more worried about him than myself.

"Hitoshi, could you help your mom set the table? We're having an early dinner so you two can eat with us before you go back to the dorms." Shinso heaves an audible sigh before walking over to the dining table and setting me down in one of the chairs.

"I'll be right back." He says.

He leaves the room and I take the time to look around the house. It's relatively small, and the kitchen looks out into both the living room and dining room so I can still see him. Their table seats four, and there's a small vase of flowers in the center, with a napkin holder next to it. At mom and I's apartment we didn't have a dining room table. There were two barstools at the kitchen island or we could eat on the couch in the living room. I will probably have to go back there soon to grab any belongings I want.

Shinso enters the room holding a stack of plates with silverware on top. He sets the table, leaning over my shoulder to set the seat across from me, and I blush awkwardly.

Completely oblivious to my gay panicking, he turns around and walks back into the kitchen, coming out with a huge plate of pasta.

"Mom, I hope you realize that you made way too much food!" He calls out over his shoulder, before turning to me. "I hope you like Italian." Just then his mother walked out with a homemade pizza and a large baguette.

Shinso's father followed behind her, carrying a plate of caprese salad.

"You know she loves cooking, especially when there are guests." He says to Shinso.

"Oh shush, you two love my food, and you always eat more than what should fit in your stomachs!" She scolds them both jokingly.

Dinner was usually pretty quiet with me and mom, it was normally just the two of us and we mostly made small talk about my studies and how her day went. This was definitely different, but not unwelcome. I sort of felt like I was intruding though. I'm not really part of their family, and I haven't been talking much. They probably think I'm weird.

"So Midoriya, how did you and Hitoshi get so close?"

1330 words.