Ch. 49 - smarter

A/N: I like the contents of this chapter but I'm not entirely sure if I like the way I wrote it... oh well, no going back now. Also, yes, I know there's no photo. I'm lazy and it's a lot of work so I probably won't be putting them in from now on.
Have fun reading!

Shinso POV

     I woke up when the lunch bell rang, groaning. The teachers lounge was still empty. After laying there for a few minutes longer I made the decision that it was time to get up and groggily folded the sleeping bag.

     I decided to make myself another coffee and then head to the lunch room, but as I was pressing the start button on the coffee machine Aizawa walked in.

     "Oh good, you're awake. Make me a cup too." He says as he walks by me, falling back into the couch and tipping his head back. "I brought you lunch." He points towards a plastic bag on the table that definitely wasn't there before.

     "Oh, thank you." I really shouldn't be surprised at this point.

     "How would you feel about going to therapy?" I stare at him in shock.

     "Uhhh-"

     "Hound dog is the school counselor and no one from your class goes to him." For a moment I'm confused, wondering if he's talking about my previous gen Ed class. "I mean, class 1-A has gone through more shit than any other class in the entirety of the time I've worked here. You'd think a few of them would take advantage of free therapy." He goes on. Ah, so not my old class.

     I think through that information for a moment. It's not actually all that surprising.

     "Maybe they feel like they can't show weakness because they're heroes in training?" I offer, carrying the two cups of coffee over to the couch.

     "Maybe. Should I mention it in class?"

     Why are you asking me this?

     "Not to be rude but aren't you the teacher here?"

     "Yeah, well I've never been good at this sort of thing and I figured you would know since you're the one going through it." Good point.

     "Then just remind them that hound dog's a therapist and that heroes in training should have a place to vent or something so they don't blow someone's face off."

     "I'm not going to comment on how that statement is a direct attack on one of my students because we both know what you said is true."

     I shrug a little, just glad that this conversation didn't turn out dark like I thought it would be.

     "Any news on Midoriya?" It doesn't hurt to ask.

     "Not yet."

     I brace myself for the disappointment as it crashes down on me, making me regret even asking. I had already known what the answer would be because he would have let me know if there was any new information.

     No other teachers come in for the rest of the period and I only find out why when Aizawa tears down a paper outside the door on our way out, with some particularly threatening words on it.

     We did quirkless sparring for two periods after lunch, which was definetely a new experience for me. It helped keep my mind off of Midoriya for the moment, at least. The only other time I had done something remotely similar was at the sports festival, and I'm not sure you could call what happened with Midoriya a fight. Well, unless you count my training with Aizawa but that's mostly me working out and him beating me down in the first five seconds of every match. Although recently I have been getting a few hits in every now and then.

Need You (ShinDeku) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara