Everything...

The only people who went to the drive-in theatre anymore were the teenagers. The adults had long ago forgotten it, lost in their busy life and petty problems that looked so large to them.

The drive-in was conveniently situated at the end of the town where the woods started and so it was best place for high schoolers to hang out at. No babies crying. No busy person on their phone talking loudly to their boss. Just occasional giggles if it was a comedy movie that night or an eventual surprised scream if it was a horror.

Wynter stood quietly to a side, watching Julian and Reagan arrange pillows and blankets in the open trunk of Julian's car. Julian seemed happier that day. He smiled more, made more crazy theories about underground cities, hugged people a little tighter, his laugh a little warmer. Wynter suspected this had something to do with Reagan.

Wynter looked up when he heard Julian's voice. The green-eyed boy was on the phone with an amused expression. Almost as if he was enjoying the conversation with the other person.

" Ren...calm down. Yeah—no—no don't bring the black liquorice. Ren...stop. Just get here on time before the movie starts or I'll kick you to the Andromeda Galaxy.......yes there's a galaxy named after the Greek lady. Your neighbour? Don't be ridiculous. Her name is Andrea, not Andromeda. I'm hanging up. Seriously. I'm—no I'm not hanging myself to death...I'm hanging up the phone. Be here in ten. Bye"

" Was that Ren?" Reagan asked him, tearing open a pack of Doritos and offering some to Wynter who shook his head in reply. She shrugged and popped a few Doritos in her mouth before looking to Julian for an answer.

" Yeah he's super nervous. Are you sure you're interested in him? Because if you're just playing with him then I've gotta tell you—"

"—I'm not playing. I genuinely want to know him better...he's just, such a cute person you know? Personality wise I mean. Also he's blond which is a bonus. His hair is amazing..."

" Stop," Julian grinned, " I know you're whipped. You don't have to prove it again"

Reagan flipped him the finger " You'll know when you take someone out on a first date"

Saying so, she walked off to answer her phone that had been buzzing in her pocket since the past few seconds.

Wynter frowned in the other boy's direction " Reagan and Ren? Didn't they meet like yesterday?"

" Ren believes in love at first sight" Julian shrugged, shifting a little to stand beside the dark-haired boy. It had taken a lot of convincing to get him here. Despite Hayden being at a birthday party that would possibly end at about ten-thirty at night, Wynter had flat out refused to come watch the one and a half hour long movie. Julian had to plead and sulk and pout until Wynter finally agreed.

" Do you? Believe in it?" Wynter asked suddenly, his cold attitude slipping away like a cover being pulled off antique furniture. All evening he hadn't said more than a few words and now that he had initiated a conversation, Julian couldn't help the smile on his face as he replied.

" Depends" Julian said with a tilt of his head to the side as a way of saying that he himself was confused about it.

" Depends on what?" the dark-haired boy inquired curiously, leaning towards Julian slightly, eagerness showing.

" On who we're talking about" Julian answered.

" Who are we talking about?" Wynter asked, a slight smile decorating his lips.

" I don't know" Julian lied easily, the real answer pressed down deep and buried. You.You.You.

" You've never liked anyone?" Wynter asked, leaning in curiously, waiting for an answer in anticipation.