Me "As far as we know, only Death can open it. But, um... we're hoping, uh... maybe you can, too. "

Michael tried to open it but he failed. 

He sighed " I'm sorry. "

I sighed. 

--

Dean plopped down next to me. 

I asked exhausted " So, where does this leave us? We need that book open, and we're out of options. "

Dean "Where's it leave us? Screwed. I'm sure Chuck's ready to make a move."

A phone rang. It was Dean. 

He looked at it confused. 

Me "mhmm?"

He showed me the caller ID. 

I froze "but how?"

Dean answered the phone and put him on speaker "Cass?"

Cass "" Dean. I'm here. I'm hurt. Can you let me in? "

Dean stood up. 

Me "Dean, don't"

He rushed up the stairs. 

I rushed after him "Dean, stop it! it's impossible for it to be Cass!"

Dean opened the door. 

Lucifer stood up, smirking " Wassup? "

Dean slammed the door shut, shocked. 

My eyes widened. 

Lucifer "Wow! Way to treat a pal."

Suddenly he appeared in the control room. 

Sam walked in " No, you're not our "pal." "

Lucifer "Okay, be honest with me, please. Would you have let me in if I said it was really me?"

Sam " You're dead. "

Dean and i walked downstairs. 

Lucifer "Uh... yeah, not so much. Um, after pop nutted out and murdered pretty much everyone in the world, the Empty booted me with orders to find the missing God Book and use it on Chuck. Uh, normally, I'm not very good at following orders, as you guys know, but, uh, you do not want to mess with the Empty, man. Total "B," especially after Jack blew up all over her, and she killed Death. I mean, guys, never a dull moment. But that's the past. What's up?! We're a team again, guys. "

Dean shook his head "Oh, that is not happening. "

Lucifer "Mm. Yeah. Alright, team. I don't want to bring ants to your picnic, but that ain't gonna cut it. Okay, think about it. If the Empty pulled me off the bench, it's 'cause the Winchester charm ain't enough, right? And I did anticipate a little bit of pushback, so I did bring a token of good faith. "

He snapped his fingers "Voilà. "

Woman appeared, gagged. 

I asked confused " Who is she? "

Lucifer "Oh, this is Betty. Betty... Betty, say hi. "

Betty shook her head. 

Lucifer "No, no, no. Say hi to the boys. Just getting it straight. Oh, did I mention Betty is a reaper? I'm doing a fly-by, right? Okay. I'll say that again. Betty is a reaper. "

Sam nodded "Yes, we heard you. So what? "

Lucifer "Watch. "

Then he stabbed her with the angel blade.