005

five

Fluttering his eyes open, Jaemin took at least two blinks to adjust his vision as rays of sunlight entered through the window of the room. He looked around, not finding the place quite familiar before trying to sit up – which he unfortunately can't as there are tubes connected to him.

Jaemin removed the oxygen mask from his mouth and sat up, feeling pain all over his neck before heaving a deep sigh – remembering the things that happened a while ago or the day prior. The door opened, making him look up as he saw a doctor enter the room.

"– Please do tell Prof. Son to move patient 2610 back to the Irregular Ward. Thank you." The doctor who opened the door said as it was conversing with someone out of the room before turning to look at the patient on the bed, "Jaemin!"

Jaemin smiled, "Kun hyung."

"How are you feeling?" The psychologist asked as he checked the vitals, also writing something on the clipboard.

The patient looked down on his hands as he heaved a deep breath, which resulted for him to cough a few times. "Can't really breath deeply. But I'm fine."

"That's great to hear." Kun replied and placed his pen back to the pocket of his labcoat as he put the clipboard down, "We'll let you stay here for the mean time and I'll change the oxygen mask to a nasal cannula. Can you wait here for a sec?"

"Hyung."

Kun stopped from his tracks, turning to look at Jaemin who is fiddling with his fingers as he looked down. "Do you need anything?"

"No, but.. How's Jeno and Renjun?" The patient looked up, worry present in his eyes as the doctor blinked, dumbfounded. He obviously wasn't expecting for Jaemin to ask how are they.

"They're fine. Renjun is calming down and Jeno's asleep." Kun replied walking closer to Jaemin and gave him a pat on the shoulder, "Anyways, do you want me to turn off the beeping noises?"

Jaemin took a deep breath and looked up, shaking his head. "It's fine."

That made Kun froze, Jaemin not finding the beeping noises annoying is a good sign.

"That's a good sign." The doctor smiled before walking out of the room, keeping in mind to change the oxygen mask to a nasal cannula.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"No– ugh, for fuck's sake." Jaehyun muttered under his breath and jumped down his bed, walking to where Doyoung is as he took over on positioning the portrait so that it's aligned straightly.

The older watched Jaehyun looking so serious over the portrait in the wall. He just recently came to the mental asylum so he's not really aware of the others' mental illnesses. He did wanna question why did he end up here, after just randomly throwing a tantrum whenever his ex was mentioned.

Sudden bangs on the wall is heard which caught the attention of the other patients inside the room. Doyoung turned his attention to see Jungwoo restraining himself from banging his hands on the wall.

"M-Make it stop.. Please." Jungwoo pleaded, walking back to distance himself from the wall but unfortunately going back to bang his hands yet again.

"Shh, hyung, you're okay, calm down." Being the one closer to him, Shotaro back hugged the older that is shaking from trying to stop himself from banging his hands on the wall.

Not long after Jungwoo calmed down and collapsed on the floor, making Doyoung run up to them and help him go back to his bed.

Shotaro also made sure the older was comfortable, placing the thin blanket over him as the two let Jungwoo rest.

"Is hyung gonna be okay?" The japanese asked, eyes averting to Doyoung as the older sighed in his place. "Let's just hope he will."

The door of the ward opened, revealing a nurse that looked like it was scared at the people inside the room.

"People are really scared of us, aren't they?" Hendery mutters under his breath, but enough to be heard by the person beside him.

"I guess they do." Dejun replied, hugging both his knees as he saw the nurse taking baby steps to walk towards him at his peripheral vision.

Hendery stared at him, the feeling of being uncomfortable entering through his veins as he stared at Dejun's skinny body. He felt bad, but at the same time he's afraid he might say something wrong.

"Dr. Qian is waiting for you. Would you like me to escort you?" The nurse asked softly as Hendery stared at them.

Dejun nodded, taking his blanket as he went down his hed, wrapping the blanket around him as the nurse lead him out of the ward.

Hendery sighed, he badly wanted to help people overcome their illnesses. But how can he help when he has his own?

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───