013

thirteen

"Still doesn't change the fact that you guys are noisy as fuck." Yuta rolled his eyes once again.

Seriously– he just wanted at least an hour or two of complete silence. Or maybe he's just saying that to the ones who are playing that he can let Sicheng come to him and talk to him– listen to Lany's songs again. Yeah, it's definitely the latter.

"Calm down for once, let them play." Yuta turned to look beside him to see Mark watching Shotaro, Yukhei, and Donghyuck play around.

Ever since that Sungchan-Shotaro incident, neither of them in the ward had the guts to play truth or dare again. Not even Donghyuck who initiated it – and it even brought slight trauma to him.

Since the chain on the wall didn't help at all because the kid can pick a lock, Kun called the police to strap him on the bed – still refusing to lock him in one room which seriously confused all the nurses and doctors as well as the police.

"How in the world–" Yuta groaned and just tried to do what Mark told him. "Fucking hell."

Xiaojun watched the three play around the room like they aren't diagnosed with illnesses. He wanted to be like them– being carefree and didn't care about their physical appearance. The male sighed and slipped down on the bed, earning a look from Yangyang from across him. He gave him a reassuring smile before making his way out of the room.

It was one of those times when he felt like someone was judging him for his appearance. He sighed, but before he can even pass the bed next to him, he felt something on his wrist.

Xiaojun looked at the person who held his wrist, blinking in confusion.

"Don't do anything stupid. Please." Hendery gave him a pleading look and a smile before letting the male go.

Xiaojun pursed his lips in a thin line, which was very weird but he nonetheless smiled back and nodded before leaving. Hendery watched him exit the room, immediately regretting saying that.

"Oh my god, he must think I'm crazy." The chinese buried his face in the palm of his hands.

"Wanna bet about it?" Ten gave the mute a look after seeing Xiaojun leave the ward.

Johnny gave him a small smirk – which Ten may or may not have found it hot. "Of course."

"I call the something's going on between the three of them!" Ten exclaimed, beating the taller from making a choice.

Johnny didn't seem to mind, he's also on that team but for the sake of the bet, he'll choose the opposite. "Okay then, I choose the something's not going on between them."

"Jungwoo hyung," Yukhei's smile fell and formed a thin line after seeing the older biting his nails excessively. Yet he nevertheless put on his smile once again. "Come play with us!"

The said male shook his head, not leaving his fingers away from his mouth. "No thank you, I'm good chilling here."

Yukhei, being the stubborn guy he is, pouted before taking the older's wrist that's still on his mouth, "No one says no to Wong Yukhei!"

"W-Wait–" Jungwoo's breath hitched, after being pulled out of his bed by a giant baby. Despite knowing how he can't stop these unnecessary movements, he still has his mannerisms. "B-But my hands are still dirty!"

The hyper didn't reply just pulled him to his bed and handed him alcohol, "Here. After putting some, let's go play!" Might as well use the best of it since Yuta doesn't seem like he's going to scold them anytime soon.

Taeyong watched them as he was caressing his hands, applying alcohol now and then. He remembered the time being the only person here– when he was still pressing the emergency button by himself just for a nurse or a doctor to come there and talk to him for no exact reason.

"Hey,"

The male tore his eyes off the other patients playing around and looked at the one who spoke. "O-Oh, uh, hi."

"You're Taeyong, right?" Taeyong nodded, still not breaking eye contact as the male sat down on the seat beside Taeyong's bed.

He recognized him as the guy who went missing with Mark.

"I'm Jaehyun,"

"The guy who went missing with Mark noted," Taeyong said and took his alcohol, applying a gallon (exaggerated) on his hand before rubbing it on his hands and arms.

Jaehyun chuckled, "Yeah, you can call me that."

Doyoung blinked and looked away in disgust, it's not that he didn't want them to make friends. He just can't help but recall the first time when his ex asked for his name and his number. Those days when he was still fine before he gets to be admitted to a mental hospital after throwing a tantrum when his girlfriend broke up with him.

He just sighed and stared at the ceiling, when will he go out of this place?

"How does it feel when you hear the word 'dead'?" Jisung flinched at what Chenle said which made the chinese blink and take back what he said. "Nevermind, pretend I didn't say that."

It wasn't that severe unlike the first time Jisung got here, but for sure he still didn't want to hear or talk about things associated with the dead. It made him smile a little, he wanted to talk about it further, but at the same time, he can't find the urge to do so.

"How about you?"

Chenle hummed, turning his head to the side to meet up with Jisung's curious eyes.

"Why are you scared if someone touched you?"

Chenle felt his heartbeat fast, he sighed before looking back at the ceiling. He knew someone in the ward would ask sooner or later, but he didn't think it was this soon. Jisung noticed his tensed state and is about to take back what he asked when Chenle beat him to talk.

"My brother touched me." Remembering the feeling as if it happened yesterday made Chenle's eyes brim with tears. "When I was young."

That was more than enough to understand. How Jisung wished to wipe his tears away and comfort him when he can't even touch the older, "I- I'm sorry for asking."

Jeno took a deep breath, glancing at where Renjun is who is currently chatting with Yangyang. He badly wanted to go there and join them but he's just chickening out.

"Want to get closer to him?" Jeno looked up, seeing Jaemin walk to where he is whilst pushing his IV stand using his left hand. The visible bruise on his neck was still present, but it's fortunately fading, made Jeno feel worse.

"I do, but," Even before the older could say how he's always chickening out, he felt himself being pulled up on the bed. "W-Wait, Jaemin!"

"That's enough for me to know." Jaemin smiled and pulled him away to Renjun.

"Taro-kun look out!"

Even before Shotaro could lookout, he felt his heart drop as someone pulled him away before crossing the divider. He felt himself being embraced in a warm hug as he catches his breath.

The one who pulled him in a hug didn't want to put this cute little otter in danger once again. He may not be there to witness it physically, but hearing the story made his mom instincts kick in and protect Shotaro at all costs.

"Please be careful," Shotaro recognized this as Taeil's voice. "Don't engage yourself again with him."

The japanese knew very well why he was acting like this. Yet he still wanted to talk to Sungchan – even without a dare.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───