011

eleven

"I-It's not my fault, I swear!"

By now, Donghyuck is crying. Kun intended to help him overcome the guilt inside him whenever he tells the truth. In Donghyuck's case, he knew that whenever someone asks him if he did something wrong, he'll immediately deny and cover it up with lies to avoid punishments. Kun just wanted to hear the patient say at least one truth, then he'll be happy. But knowing his background and how his parents and friends treated him whenever he did something bad, it's really hard to request Donghyuck to say the truth.

"Donghyuck, it's okay." Kun held the patient's hands and just let him cry. "I'm not going to get mad."

"B-But it's really not m-my fault. I was just w-watching Shotaro.." Donghyuck tried to explain between his sobs, but he can't seem to find words.

Kun knew, yet he decided not to push further because it can make his disorder worse than before. The doctor smiled and patted his head, "Okay.. Stop crying, you'll be fine."

Donghyuck did try not to cry, but seeing Kun's soft smile painted on his face as he comforted him made him cry more - but this time, his tears are full of guilt.

Constant knocks were suddenly heard, making the doctor snap his head to the door as his hands never left Donghyuck's head. A nurse, that looked like it just ran a marathon because of his heavy panting, appeared as the door opened.

"Dr. Qian, patient 0208 and 1402 are missing."

Kun was suddenly alarmed, he knew it were patients from the Irregular Ward since he memorized it.

Donghyuck's attention also turned to the nurse but that doesn't stop him from sobbing. Kun spared a glance at Donghyuck before standing up and walking to the nurse.

"I want every nurse on duty to look at every floor. But don't press the emergency button," Kun sighed, knowing how one of the patients is sensitive to sounds. "Just tell the other nurses right now."

Donghyuck watched the doctor ordered the nurse to do things. His guilt was eating him up, and he badly wanted to let go of it. That's what he did, it's now or never.

Just before Kun left the room, Donghyuck's words halted him from doing so.

The patient took a deep breath, "I-It's my fault."

The doctor blinked and turned around slowly, stopping himself from smiling proudly like a dad when Donghyuck looked at him with tears streaming down his face.

"I-I.. I w-was the one who f-forced Taro t-to talk to him.." The sun looked down on the floor, gulping as another set of tears fell from his eyes. "I-.. I'm sorry."

Kun was rather shocked, this was the first time Donghyuck said the truth. Slightly forgetting about the fact that he needs to find the two missing patients, the doctor ran to hug Donghyuck - reassuring him that everything will be okay and he won't be punished.

"It's going to be okay, Hyuck. That's so brave of you to tell the truth."

Well, pathological lying isn't a joke and Kun very much knows that.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

Inhaling the breeze as he watched the sunset, Mark rested his arms on the railings as he noticed how the sky was a faded blue to orange as the sunsets. He sighed and stared at his hand, a cannula pierced onto a vein on the back of his hand as it connected to dextrose hanging in an IV stand.

It was a year since he was here, a year when his older sister left him here because she thought he was a psycho when he was acting so hopeless and dull, constantly hanging out in his bathroom and not even noticing the bloodstains on the walls. She could care less - at least that's what Mark would always think.

He looked down, seeing cars pass the old, dull roads whilst watching some cars leave the hospital. Mark heaved a deep breath and used his hands to push himself up, sitting on the railings as he looked at the sun once again.

He waited and waited for his sister to visit him, but never did she come in a year. He snorted at the thought, is that how much she hates his existence?

"If you think of dying, at least not here."

Mark looked behind him, seeing a familiar tall man also in his hospital clothes. The only thing is, he wasn't admitted or anything, he was just holding two boxes of strawberry milk.

The man walked to where Mark is, letting the canadian hold the two drinks as he also pushed himself up to the railing and sat there. He took the box of strawberry milk, leaving the other one on Mark's hold as he poked a hole on the box with the straw, sipping on it as he also stared at the sun setting.

"Why not?"

Jaehyun chuckled, creating a little dent on his cheeks. "Do you really want this hospital to be haunted? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that they change hospitals the moment someone dies here."

Mark snickered, "Where in the world did you hear that?"

The older shrugged, sipping onto his milk as the canadian broke a laugh. "Nowhere."

They shared silence for a while as Mark stared at the strawberry milk on his hold. He can't help but feel the urge to push himself off the edge- knowing that he doesn't belong in this world. At least that's what he thought.

"You know, I always thought we have to be perfect in any way." Jaehyun started, making Mark stare at him despite the darkness. "And imperfection shouldn't come in the way since many people would judge you."

Jaehyun's somewhat right. But that made Mark look down, perfect or imperfect, they'll still judge you. He just wanted to feel loved.

"But you just need someone to realize that being yourself is better than trying to be someone you're not."

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───