045

forty─five

"The thing is, 1402," Sihye started, hands gripped tightly on the steering wheel as she watched the time on her car tick. "Kun could actually lose his license as a psychologist with what you're doing, you thought of it didn't you?"

"I- Yeah, I did." No, Jaehyun didn't.

The male rested his head on the headrest, eyes lingered to the rearview mirror to stare at his ward mates fast asleep. Sihye could only stare at him with a look on her face, as if judging the male.

"1402, I didn't really know why I let you do this stupid plan of yours to helping Kun," The lady sighed, also resting her head on the headrest. "You don't even know what happened."

Jaehyun tugged his lips in a small smile after seeing how Yangyang stirred on his sleep to snuggle closer to Hendery through the mirror, "It's normal for me to return what someone did to me, I don't know if it's my phobia or purely my conscience. But thank you for doing this."

Sihye closed her eyes for a while, trying to pry the sleepiness that's been wanting to take over her since the moment they parked in the parking lot of the main hospital. "Imperfection, right?"

"Don't say that," Jaehyun snapped almost immediately, closing his eyes to keep his cool since he's nowhere near the psychiatric hospital.

The lady shrugged and opened her eyes once again, looking to the side to see cars coming and going every now and then since it was half past six in the morning and the sun is barely up.

"I don't know anything about psychology, but I think it's just your conscience." Sihye replied after a few moments of silence, adjusting her position to get comfortable on her seat, "It doesn't entirely relate to your—"

"Fuck, am I doing this right?" Jaehyun mumbled, but enough for the lady to hear.

Sihye rolled her eyes, she wanted to tell him that everything he planned was wrong, but seeing that he's afraid to mess things up, might as well—

"See for yourself," The lady replied, reaching for the bag of medicines she asked from the nurse earlier, just before they left.

Taking the familiar bottle of beta blockers from the bag, Sihye passed it over to Jaehyun who was having a mini panic attack as he started to overthink his decisions. The male gulped visibly and hastily grabbed the medicine, getting one and popping it in his mouth like it's drugs.

Technically, it's drugs.

Sihye passed the bottle of water that she just opened, to which Jaehyun took without hesitation and gulped a large amount. The lady could only sigh, she didn't want to judge him because it's understandable, but she couldn't help it – judging became part of her since she got accepted in the main hospital by Ms. Kwon herself.

Jaehyun panted, trying to get ahold of himself as he leaned back on the chair, eyes shut to compose himself easier.

"You shouldn't have left the hospital," Sihye commented and took the bottle of water from Jaehyun's hold, closing the lid tightly as she heaved a deep breath for the umpteenth time.

"I... I couldn't help it." The male managed to say, fluttering his eyes open the moment he felt his heart calm down.

Silence filled the air, Jaehyun wanting to sleep since he didn't get any wink of it the whole night and it's really unhealthy for a guy like him. The lady, on the other hand, was hesitating rather to continue on the conversation or to just stare at the outside, still fighting the will to sleep.

Jaehyun was about to drift off to dreamland when he heard the lady sigh for the nth time, but this time it was louder.

"1402," Sihye started.