018

eighteen

Trailing behind the lady, Johnny felt small despite the lady in front of him were centimeters shorter than him. He didn't know why he was feeling like this, probably because he wasn't comfortable being escorted with a new face.

It's always the same nurses or doctors when it comes to escorting, checking them up, or watching over the patients of Irregular Ward, but neither had the guts to talk to one of them - mainly because they are scared. Seeing another face escort him made him feel uncomfortable.

"So, how long have you been in here?" Sihye started, hoping to get the patient to talk to her the moment they stepped on the elevator.

Johnny kept his lips shut. He didn't want to entertain her, not because his psychologist told him so, but because he can't talk and he didn't want to. The tone of her voice doesn't fit with mentally ill people - and if this annoys Johnny, what more if Yuta and Jaemin hear this?

"Hey?"

Again, Johnny didn't say anything and didn't even attempt to speak, leaving Sihye speechless. The professor pursed her lips in a line, too bad he's hot but a snob.

She's not dumb, but she's unfortunately stupid. Seems like even psychotic people don't stop her from checking them out. Sihye eyed him from head to toe- a whole daddy material, as she would want to describe. Johnny felt her eyes on him, it honestly made him uncomfortable. Who knows she's years older than him, right?

"You know I never got to-" Sihye didn't finish what she was saying as the elevator dinged, her pouting unintentionally before walking out of the elevator first. After all, she voluntarily took Dr. Qian's position without even telling him and just straight up lied to Dr. Ji.

The guts of lying to the CEO and not telling the owner of the hospital.

Sihye just sighed and abruptly halted, looking at the two directions as she didn't get to ask where was this Irregular Ward located. All she knew is it's on the second floor as mentioned by the nurse when Sihye bugged her to tell her about the hospital.

"Uh- do you perhaps know the way to the-" Sihye didn't get to continue what she said as the tall patient pointed at the direction on their left.

The patient wasn't so bad after all. Sihye smiled and thanked him before confidently making her way to the left direction, heels loudly clicking against the floor as it resonated through the empty hallway.

Soon coming across the wall sign drilled on top of the wide doors with the words 'Irregular Ward' painted across it, Sihye blinked as the ward was very isolated from the other rooms.

Sihye looked at the patient behind her, "Is this the one?"

Johnny nodded as he watched the professor hesitantly clutch on the doorknob. She took a deep breath, she didn't even know why she was this nervous, before opening the wide doors and greeting with a calm and soothing demeanor inside.

"Wow," Sihye was speechless at the number of beds and people inside - it's just like a normal hospital ward, except the people are psychopaths.

And she didn't expect to be greeted by a handsome creature, laying on the bed while staring at the ceiling - not even noticing someone entering the ward. "Oh God, this is heaven," She whispered under her breath.

Johnny followed from behind - slightly confused when she began to look around since he heard, if he's not mistaken, that she's just going to escort him back to the ward.

After a good minute of looking around at her place, slightly forgetting that she needs to escort Johnny on his bed, Sihye snapped back to reality and looked at the tall male standing behind her with an eyebrow raised. She gave him a smile before taking his IV stand and arm, escorting him to the first empty bed she saw.

Johnny tapped her shoulder when she was about to bring him to Taeyong's bed. The lady gave him a look as Johnny pointed to the bed next to Taeyong's, signaling that that is his bed.

"Oh, my bad." Sihye's voice echoed in the silent room, getting the attention of the awake ones.

She didn't seem to notice and just placed the IV stand on the bed next to Johnny's before letting the male sit on his bed. She spared another look at the spacious room once again before walking in front of the mute's bed.

"Seo.. Johnny?" Sihye glanced at the one she escorted, who was just looking at her with emotionless eyes, the moment she read what the clipboard says that was glued on the bed. "A nice name."

She looked at the other patients, some are sleeping, others are doing their own thing, and others were just staring at her - which she was genuinely creeped out but still kept her cool.

"Dang, they're all handsome as fuck what the heck." She said the moment she made eye contact with one patient with brunet hair, earphones pressed against his ears.

Sihye was the first one to break eye contact before she came across a sleeping figure across Johnny's bed - it was oddly familiar.

Sihye took steps to see who it was but the name on the clipboard that was pinned on the bed was enough to know who the sleeping figure was. She pressed her lips in a thin line,

What is he doing here?

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───