044

forty─four

Carefully wrapping the blanket around her, Yangyang sighed softly as he gathered the books and notebooks scattered on the desk. Wendy was up the whole night just to check what he has learned today, plus add the fact that she came home later than usual. He didn't know why she let him stay with her in the first place, for all he knows he's a bother.

The male placed the stacked books on the coffee table before folding the blankets that were chilling on the couch, yawning since it was quarter to five in the morning.

Yangyang was about to lie on the couch, wanting sleep to take over his body since he felt tired learning all those normal ABC's even if he could see the letters dancing whenever he tries to read or write, when he heard the a tap from the glass door of the balcony.

At first, he didn't really mind since the wind can be a little tricky because of autumn season.

The second time Yangyang almost drifted off to sleep, not hearing it completely, until he heard the third one - it was pretty loud, enough for him to hear and flutter his eyes open in annoyance.

He glared sleepily at the balcony door, waiting for another tap to echo through the apartment when he caught a glimpse of a stone flying from under the balcony to the glass door itself. Yangyang tensed and sat up, looking at the front door first before walking to the glass door of the balcony.

Weird.

The male rubbed his eyes, probably thinking that it was just a trick of the moonlight or he's just hallucinating when another stone hit the door.

Okay, someone is out there.

Yangyang groaned quietly and made his way to the balcony, lazily opening the glass door as he shivered upon making contact with the autumn air. The male ruffled his hair and looked down, squinting his eyes upon seeing a familiar figure looking up at him.

To say that Yangyang was surprised at the familiar figure standing right there was an understatement. He rubbed his eyes for the second time today, making sure that he wasn't hallucinating.

"Hendery?"

"Thank the heavens, we've been throwing stones there for a while now." Jungwoo spoke, walking up to the chinese as he looked up and placed his arm on one of Hendery's shoulder, earning a flinch from the latter.

Yangyang raised a brow and looked down on the cemented floor of the balcony, noticing tenths of stones scattered around. "I... noticed."

"Come down and put at least a coat on, we need your help." Jaehyun says, making the chinese-german frown.

"What- h-how did you guys-"

"Questions later, come down now please?" Hendery cut him off, making Yangyang stop whatever he was about to ask and look at them weirdly.

He has so many questions, more on how did they know where he is currently at since all he knows is that they are at the psychiatric hospital for who knows how long.

Yangyang hesitated, but nonetheless complied. The male walked back inside, taking his coat that Wendy recently bought him that was hanging loosely on the coat rack before glancing over at the lady who was fast asleep on the table. He sighed for the umpteenth time, putting his coat on his body, not caring if he was in his pajamas, and walked out of the apartment room, not forgetting to lock the door from the inside.

He put on his shoes and made his way to the stairs, walking down slowly since he was pretty sleepy.

"Wake up, sleepy-head. We have a lot of things to do today," Yuta says the moment he saw Yangyang's figure walk out of the building. This made the chinese confused even more.

"Uh, a-aren't you guys supposed to be at the h-hospital?"

"Long story," Yuta uncrossed his arms and opened the car door, "Just get inside."

Yangyang shook his head, "No."

"Hey, don't test his patience." Another person joined the conversation, making Yangyang turn around only to see the three people that was at the back of the apartment complex not long ago.

The chinese-german scrunched his nose in confusion, "W-What are you guys doing here?"

It was normal for Yangyang to stutter, but a certain chinese just couldn't help but feel his stomach flip at how cute it sounded.

"We'll tell everything in the car. Please just get in?" Jeno joined from the other side of the car, motioning his head to go inside the car.

It confused Yangyang even more, what in the world are they doing here?

The male, having no choice, sighed and looked at the complex one more time befoore heading inside - about to sit down comfortably inside when he caught a glimpse of Sungchan sitting there boredly at the back seat.

Shrieking, "What the fuck is he doing here!?"

And that had to be the first sentence he formed without stuttering.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"I- Kun, Hansol, wake up!"

Groaning at the shrilly voice they just heard the first thing in the morning, Kun was the first one to open his eyes, squinting to adjust at the sunlight. Hansol, on the other hand, budged yet he snuggled closer to the chinese.

"Dr. Kang?" Kun mumbled, catching a glimpse of the lady looking so worried.

"You guys are‐ wake up, you slept here on the rooftop. Aren't you cold?" Seulgi asked, sighing in worry as she looked around to see fog covering the area as it was early in the morning, the sun almost shining fully.

"No wonder it felt like we were trapped in a cold room," Kun replied, rubbing his eyes as he glanced over at Hansol, who was still asleep as if he wasn't cold.

"Wake up and wash up, we still have to check the patients in the psychology department." Seulgi says, standing up as she hands the chinese a blanket, "And Hansol, you can rest at the doctor's lounge as of now."

"I'll go first."

Kun nodded, smiling softly at the lady who's already walking away before sighing. "Hansol, wake up."

"Five more minutes please," The older mumbled, snuggling closer to the chinese for warmth when he felt the latter slap his shoulder.

"Wake up, Ji, don't make me say it again." Kun sighs, standing up as he threw the blanket to Hansol who's starting to gain consciousness.

"Can't we just... Skip work?" The older muttered, enough for the chinese to hear but the latter acted like he didn't hear him. "No."

Hansol groaned, rubbing his eyes as he stared at Kun's figure that was dusting off his labcoat. "Please? I miss you."

The chinese stopped dusting his labcoat, turning to look at Hansol who sat there looking so sleepy with his back pressed against the wall, arms wrapped around a blanket to find heat.

As much as Kun wanted, he had to go to work. "Get up, Hansol. We're not at home."

The older watched him sigh and walk away, making him have no choice but to sit there and frown. He knew how tough working as a doctor would be since he's a doctor himself.

But all he wanted is a little more time with his boyfriend.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───