004

four

"Why is everyone looking depressed? Come on, give me a smile because we have to be neomu happy!" The hyper kid, also known as Yukhei, yelled out in the room as he woke up to a quiet state.

He heard groans from a lot of his wardmates and smiles from a few. To which he smiled back and didn't even bother minding the others' groans.

"Yukhei, lie back down, please?" Doyoung said to the younger as he fixed his shared table with Jungwoo.

The hyper chinese did as told, sitting back down on his hospital bed yet he can't help but move on his seat,  creating creaking sounds on the bed that actually irritated a few of them in the room.

"Hyung, shut up." Another honey-like voice entered the room and jumped down from his bed, making him walk toward the hyper kid and sit down on his bed. "You know, hyung, my parents told me I was an angel. Do you wanna know why?"

The hyper smiled, "Of course!"

"Well it all started when I was born,"

"Hyuck hyung is an angel?" Jisung asked, turning to look at his Taeil hyung beside him. The older male shook his head, "As much as I want to lie, he's not an angel, Jisungie."

"He is an angel by heart, though." Doyoung joined the conversation from across the room, staring at how Yukhei was fascinated at the stories Donghyuck was making up. "And look at how Yukhei's eyes are sparkling."

"They asked me to go back to heaven just because they called me an angel." Donghyuck finishes with Yukhei smiling ear to ear at him. "I'll also tell you something."

While the other half back of the room is somewhat noisy, the patients in front were really quiet. It's not much of a big deal because they're really quiet on a daily basis so it's not surprising.

Ten sighed as he adjusted his position, taking both of his knees to his chest as he wrapped his arms around it. He felt the need to go and just isolate himself as he really didn't feel welcomed at all. The thai took his blanket and wrapped it around him, making sure not to attract any attention.

Not until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Ten looked up at the person who tapped his shoulder, raising a brow at the sight of the mute patient beside his bed.

"A.. A-Are you.. Okay?"

Ten blinked when the mute talked– wasn't he mute? If so, how did he talk? Confusion clouded the thai male's mind as he stared at the tall figure standing beside his bed.

"I-I.. U-Uhm, s-sorry for d-disturbing you.." Johnny then rubbed the back of his neck. He was avoiding embarrassment ever since he got here and he tried talking to someone who looks comfortable to talking with him– but seems like he just embarrassed himself over Ten.

"N-No, it's fine. I'm just.. shocked that you can talk.." Ten stopped the older from going anywhere and hesitated to pull the chair from the table beside him, "H-Have a seat."

The mute smiled before sitting down on the chair beside the bed, moving closer as he lay his head on Ten's bed. That caught the thai male off guard but nonetheless let him be.

"S-So.. I know it's personal but.. s-since when did you become mute?" Ten started a conversation, feeling rather awkward at the atmosphere the two shared.

Johnny sat up and looked at the thai, debating whether he can trust the guy or not. He looked down before sighing, "I.. I w-wasn't really mute. I just don't.. talk t-to the people I'm n-not comfortable w-with.."

It was roughly months that that's the longest sentence Johnny said which actually made him proud of himself. Ten froze, never in his life did someone just come up to him and indirectly telling him 'hey, I want to be friends with you because you look comfortable'. Johnny's frankly the first.

"Y-You.. find me comfortable to t-talk to?" The thai asked, making sure he's not hearing things.

That made Johnny smile and nod his head. For the first time in a few months, the two actually made friends despite their mental disorders.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───