020

twenty

"Taeil?"

The said male fluttered his eyes open – he wasn't asleep, but he just felt like closing his eyes for no reason. Taeil made eye contact with Kun, sitting up in the process as the doctor sat on the chair beside his bed.

"Someone wants to visit you, would you like to meet them?" The doctor started as Taeil blinked in response.

"Do.. Do you know who are they?" The patient proceeded to ask, fingers fiddling as he might have a clue of who it is.

Kun thought for a while, "Someone named Moon Aera?"

Taeil pursed his lips in a thin line. He knows who she is, it's just that he doesn't know if he's ready to meet her. Hearing her name made his heartbeat pace, what more if he gets to see her?

Seeing the troubled look on the patient's face, Kun smiled softly and patted his shoulder. "It's okay if you don't want to meet her, I can just tell her that you're not ready."

Taeil has been the most mysterious among the twenty two of them. He was brought here by someone that didn't know him because he was acting like a psychopath on the streets and Kun did ask about what was the cause of his trauma yet it resulted in him having a panic attack. Because of that, the doctor didn't ask him about his past again and decided to just wait for the time when he doesn't panic much upon the mention of it.

As Kun stood up, Taeil heaved a deep breath before grabbing the doctor's arm, stopping him from going anywhere.

"I-I.. I'll meet her." The patient looked up and met with the doctor's confused yet worried orbs. "I j-just need a favor."

Kun blinked a few times before proceeding to ask what his favor was. He was against the idea of letting her meet Taeil, but he knew better than to decide on his own. So he went to ask the patient about it.

"C-Can you please be there with me?"

The doctor smiled, "Of course. Are you ready to meet her?"

Taeil bit his lip before taking a deep breath. He just hopes he won't panic too much and with that, he nodded.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

The lady bit her finger as she sat on the chair at the other side of the table. She was nervous, of course, she'll get to meet him after finding him for almost two years now.

The door soon opened, making her sat up as she stared at the door silently.

Aera's heart stopped beating for a moment after seeing her brother walk in timidly, dark circles were painted under his droopy eyes as his fringe hang loosely on his forehead. Pity started to enter her veins, eyes watering upon seeing his dull and lifeless looking figure.

"Oh my god.." Aera's hand went its way on her mouth, covering it as she felt her eyes tear up the moment the doctor helped him sit on the chair across the lady.

"Taeil.." The lady started, voice cracking. "I-Is.. Is it r-really you?"

The patient across her forced his lips to tug up in a small smile, "Noona."

The lady couldn't believe it. It was really her younger brother— though a lot of his appearance changed after she left.

"T-Taeil, it's really you." Aera wanted to hug him tight, murmur countless 'sorry's as she stroke his hair, wanting him to know that she regrets leaving him in an abusive household, but she knew better than to ran up to him and hug him.

Taeil bit his lip, he wanted to get this over with since he was starting to get intrusive images from his brain.

"What brings you here?" Taeil asked, actually proud that his voice didn't crack – and more than proud that he didn't show her that his condition isn't that bad when it really is.

"Taeil.." The lady couldn't seem to find the right words to say, causing her to say something that triggered something in Taeil's brain. "F-Fuck, w-why are you here? W-Where are m-mom and dad?"

That was enough for Taeil to sweat profusely, heartbeat pacing as images of his parents' creepy smiles whilst holding a knife flashed in his mind. He suddenly fell off the chair, making Aera panic as Kun ran to support the male.

Taeil started to hyperventilate, but he was determined to speak with his sister. "I-I am.. suffering f-from a-anxiety.."

A lie, but he didn't want her to know what is really wrong with him.

"Taeil, you have to stop and rest," Kun said in a soft voice but he received a shake in the head.

"N-No.. Let me.. T-Talk to her." Taeil took a deep breath, ignoring the number of vivid flashbacks flashing on his brain. "T-They tried to k-kill me.. A-After you left.."

By now, Aera's tears were flowing nonstop on her cheeks. The story doesn't add up – the way he was suffering from anxiety because their parents tried to kill him. Yet she could care less about that right now.

"S-So please.. Leave, if y-you want me alive." That was what Taeil said before he started to tremble, sweat rolling down his forehead and neck as he started to feel the familiar pain on his abdomen despite knowing it was just Kun supporting him.

Kun immediately called the other nurses and doctors, with them rushing inside quickly as they help them move Taeil to the ICU.

Aera was left there, with a nurse informing her to exit the room. She didn't dare to move, it's like the news just dropped to her like a bomb. She has so many questions that remained unanswered, but she understood one thing:

She was the reason why her brother is here suffering.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───