14: Make it up

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung opened his eyes in the same room, reminding him of the reality he was facing for days. A shaky breath left his lips as he again shut his eyes closed. But when the horrible flashbacks came in front of his eyes, he jolted up from his laying position. His eyes widened as he searched for any kind of scratch, bruise or cut on his body but found none.

He wanted to ask the officers about what happened when he passed out of fear but his throat was so much dry. Feeling his parched mouth, he gulped when suddenly another thought crossed his mind.

What if he was waiting for me to wake up?

His lips started wobbling because it wasn't a secret that the young Mafia was always so paranoid to enjoy the misery and pain of his victims.

Having a strong urge to pull them out, he gripped his hair between his fingers and wanted to cry so loudly at the situation. How everything turned out like that when he was all fine with the other, watching a movie like a couple.

He shook his head at the thought rather harshly and decided to get up and drink some water but as his feet touched the cold tiles, the doorknob moved and soon a person entered the room.

Taehyung's all movements halted, his terrified eyes scanning the person standing in the doorway with a puzzled expression on his face. He didn't realize when his body started climbing up on the bed again, scooting away from the other who slowly started walking toward him.

Jungkook gave him a frown but didn't stop walking until Taehyung bumped his back on the headboard. Fear was so evident in his eyes and his hands were shaking, anyone who would witness his condition will pity him, and maybe the mafia leader did the same.

Letting out a sigh, Jungkook finally took a seat on the bed, maintaining a considerable distance from the other.

"Why are you so afraid of me?" Jungkook softly spoke, eyes gentle as was just looking at the shaking hands of the other, who again looked very much close to another episode of a panic attack. 

"D- do-"

"Taehyung! Oh God, you are finally awake. Now listen, don't argue with him. Everything is fine boy, he won't hurt you. Let him speak ok."

Jin's voice interrupted him halting him midway. His mind went wild on what actually happened when he was out and why the other was so calm while he was on the verge of dying, but no satisfactory answer was formed. 

Jungkook cocked his brow when he saw Taehyung spacing out with a deep frown. "Are you in pain? Should I call the doctor?" With an utterly concerned look, he asked, subtly trying to take hold of Taehyung's hand but the latter definitely scooted away more.

"I won't hurt you Taehyung, what makes you think of that? You fainted out of shock and fear because you thought that I would kill you?" The voice was a bit offended when Jungkook asked, and Taehyung wanted to scream a loud yes.

But he just gulped, fingers tightly entangled with each other as his heartbeat was again increasing.

"I asked something Taehyung?" Jungkook asked again and this time Taehyung just looked up at him with the same expression of fear. His lips parted to say something, but he closed the gap again and shook his head, still in a dilemma about his reaction to such a situation. 

"Y- you were so angry and m- mad at me," Taehyung croaked out, and Jungkook frowned before standing up and walking to the table, filling up the glass with water, and walking back to take the seat again.