3: Make it alive

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"So, who is the one.. behind you?"

Taehyung was stunned on his spot, he had no idea how to answer the question.

Think.. think Taehyung if you want to live more.. if you want to have fun with your friend.

He thought in his mind and to his luck.. he got a good idea.

"Oh.. no one was behind me yesterday. Actually... I- I got lost in the forest." Jungkook narrowed his eyes and Taehyung sheepishly smiled (fake one).

"Lost?" After the same scrutinizing and piercing gaze, Jungkook raised his brow.

"Yeah... I actually bet my friend that I could go out of the forest on my own, but I failed and got lost. I tried to contact him but there were no signals. I roamed in the forest for hours till it got darker. I was too tired when I finally saw a road... I somehow ran there. I don't remember anything from then." Taehyung said the biggest lie of his life so smoothly and internally prayed that the other should believe him or else, he would be offering his last words. 

There was a whole minute of silence as Jungkook was just staring at Taehyung while Taehyung was trying his best not to look into those orbs, too afraid to die in a dining hall having fruits in his mouth. 

"I get it now.. so, where is your phone? Contact your friend." Jungkook resumed eating and Taehyung quickly acted to grab the phone from his jeans but yooo.. he wasn't wearing his clothes.

"It should be in my jeans." Taehyung blushed at thought of being naked in front of a stranger.

Jungkook nodded in understanding and Taehyung let out an inaudible sigh before glancing over his watch and reading the time... 10:40 am.

"Oh God.. I have to go. Thank you so much for your hospitality." Saying that Taehyung quickly shot up from the chair and bowed in front of Jungkook who also got up from his seat, equally taken aback. 

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" A glint of sadness was evident on Jungkook's face but the other avoided that.

"Um.. i- have work," Taehyung replied a bit afraid.

Don't tell me you are going to stop me..

Taehyung bit his lip as Jungkook looked at him unfazed, again with that piercing gaze.

"You can keep those clothes," Nodding to himself, Jungkook pointed out and Taehyung quickly shook his head. Not at all... he would never keep those clothes that could be once tainted with the blood of innocents.

"No.. i- I want to change into mine," 

"Fine.. John!" He called for the boy from earlier. The said male quickly came into view within seconds.

"Yes Sir."

"Bring his clothes."

"Ok.. they must be dry by now. I already washed those at night." John informed and quickly left to grab Taehyung's clothes. After a few minutes, he handed those to him and Taehyung thanked him politely.

He would get suspicious if he found out that I don't have a phone.

Taehyung thought wisely and quickly turned back to John.

"Um.. where is m- my phone?" Patting the pockets of his jeans... pretending to search for his phone, Taehyung feigned innocence.

"I didn't find anything in pockets, Sir. I checked it thoroughly before putting it in the laundry." John politely replied and Taehyung showed an expression of being worried.