Taehyung paused on the stairs, reading the banner. "Happy birthday?"

"Whose birthday is it?" Seokjin was bewildered. "There's no way I forgot someone's birthday!"

"Um," Agust was suddenly shy, his heart pounding so hard that it made his voice shaky. He clasped his hands together behind his back so they couldn't see they way they were shaking. "I-it's for all of you...from me."

Hoseok's eyebrows shot up. "For us?!"

Agust nodded. "From me..."

"Agust?" Jimin asked, seeing he wasn't Yoongi. "You did this for us?"

Agust nodded again, too scared to speak.

Namjoon smiled, coming down the stairs. "Thank you! It's perfect!"

The others followed, looking at all the balloons and streamers, and Jimin squealed in delight at the cake that had been delivered and was sitting on the table.

"What's it for?" Taehyung questioned.

"Well, uh, you threw Suga a party because you all liked him so much," Agust mumbled, looking away and rubbing the back of his neck, his cheeks pink. "And I thought I should do the same to show you all my feelings. I want to be friends with you all, and...a party seemed to be a good way to go."

Namjoon nodded. "I like it. A birthday signifies a new life, so it's as if you're starting a new life as a better man, Agust."

Agust blinked and shrugged. "Birthday was the only type of banner they had in stock so I just got that one, but I like what you said, sub."

Seokjin gave the nervous alter a warm smile. "We appreciate the gesture, Agust."

Agust smiled back, relaxing slightly.

Jimin raced forward and tried to grab the cake but Jungkooks quick reflexes stopped him, grabbing the boys middle.

"Not yet," he scolded against Jimin's whining. "You'll get an upset stomach if you eat sugar this early."

"Um, I have gifts, too," Agust said. "For everyone...if you want them..."

Jimin gasped, racing over to him and bouncing in front of the alter. "Where's mine? Can I have it now? Is it a puppy?"

Agust frowned. "Fuck, I should have gotten a puppy."

Jungkook chuckled. "No, you shouldn't have."

"We'll appreciate any gifts you give us." Hoseok said sincerely, and Agust relaxed a little more.

They had brunch with the spread Jungkook and Agust had set up, and the alter's anxiety started to fade as everyone acted normal around him.

His heart soared. Maybe he could get redemption after all.

-

After they had cake as well, Agust wanted to give out his gifts, and he wanted to start with Taehyung.

He grabbed the boys hand and led him out of the living room and into Yoongi's study, where they could have privacy.

"First of all, here's this back." Agust handed the boy his phone. "Thanks for letting me use it."

Taehyung was confused as he took it. "When the hell did you grab this?"

"Here's this too." Agust held out the boys wallet as well.

"What-"

"And your keys." Agust dug them out and dropped them onto Taehyungs open palm.

Taehyung was dumbfounded. "Uh..."