18

"Gardening?" Jungkook questioned, looking at the magazine Yoongi was reading on the couch that weekend. "Since when have you been interested in gardening?"

Yoongi flipped a page, reading about roses. "Since always, actually. I always wanted one when I was younger, because it helped get my mind off of what was waiting for me at home. I would pull the weeds in the schools garden every day after classes got out."

Jungkook took a seat beside him. "Do you want to start a garden in the backyard? We have more than enough room for it, and it could be a way for you to destress."

"I destress with my subs help." Yoongi smiled.

"Yeah, but his ass needs a break every now and then," Jungkook teased and Yoongi chuckled.

"I dunno, I don't think I would have the time for it, and I don't want to kill a bunch of flowers." Yoongi sighed, setting the magazine aside.

Jungkook saw how the boy looked at the front cover longingly, and he stood up. "Come on. We're going to the store to buy supplies. I'll help you with the planting and weeding. You deserve a garden, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi smiled at him. "You're seriously the best of all men, Kook."

"I know." Jungkook grinned.

Namjoon came down the stairs and saw Yoongi grab his car keys. "Where are you two heading?"

"Store. Gunna start a garden. Wanna come with?" Jungkook asked.

Namjoon shook his head. "Sorry, gotta tutor Team One Braincell for their economics test on Monday. Buy some phacelia tanacetifolia, they're convival for the apis."

Jungkook blinked twice.

Namjoon sighed. "Purple tansy. Good for the small black and yellow buzz buzz."

"Oohh, okay." Jungkook nodded. "Will do." Under his breath, he muttered; "Could've just said so."

The two headed out to the car and Yoongi drove them to the garden store, where they wandered the aisles and bought some starter planter kits, a hummingbird feeder, some soil and a large pine box that was supposed to help fragile roses grow.

Jungkook carried the large box, surprised it came with a lid, while Yoongi pushed the cart of other items to check out.

After loading everything into the car, Yoongi backed out of the parking lot while Jungkook pulled on his seatbelt.

"I'm glad you decided to do this with me, Kook." Yoongi said, his eyes on the road. "I feel like we've both been too busy to spend some time together lately."

"I agree." Jungkook said. "I missed us."

"You and Namjoon surely haven't been missing each other." Yoongi said, and Jungkook's smile froze.

Yoongi glanced at him. "You're both smart, but I know how to control my subs, and you both are up to something."

Jungkook was about to ask how Yoongi knew that, but that was the most obvious way to get himself caught, so he stayed silent.

Yoongi pulled over to the side of the road and parked, before facing Jungkook fully. "Listen, I know it has something to do with Agust, and I know you can't tell me what you know because Agust is watching. I get it, I'm not mad you two are trying to help. I've noticed some inconsistencies lately, and I've had some suspicions Agust was back and up to something, and I'm glad you and Namjoon are doing whatever it is you're doing, because I know it'll work."

Jungkook breathed out slowly. It was true he couldn't confess everything to Yoongi right now because Agust was always watching them, and hell, not to sound like a paranoid freak, but this could even be Agust right now, lying right to his face.

"I'm relieved you're not mad, and that you understand." Jungkook said neutrally.

Yoongi nodded. "I know we can't tell the others because Agust could hurt them. Even you knowing is already a huge risk, so always watch your back, okay? He hates you the most out of everyone in the house. I'd say let's come up with some sort of signal to use whenever we need to talk about him, but since he's watching us right now, that's redundant."

Jungkook nodded. "I wish I could tell you everything, Yoongi. And I'm so sorry for keeping this all behind your back, Namjoon and I both feel terrible."

Yoongi smiled. "It's okay, Kook. I understand you couldn't tell me your plan because then Agust would know it. But I love and trust you and my precious sub, and I have full confidence in you, my assistant teacher."

Jungkook grabbed Yoongi's hands, squeezing them. "You just focus on yourself, okay? Don't stress, after we take care of Agust, we'll take care of your father too."

Yoongi winced at the mention of his father and looked out the window. "That's too much to put on you guys. If I just got a hotel and stayed there for a while, that would solve both problems and you all would be safe."

Jungkook grabbed Yoongi's face, forcing the older to look at him, glaring. "You're not going anywhere. You belong with your family at home, not holed up somewhere alone and vulnerable. We'll protect you, Yoongi, no matter the cost. I'll do anything for you, anytime and anywhere."

Yoongi bit his lip, because that was exactly what Namjoon and everyone else would do too.

And it was what he was most afraid of.

"Let's just get back." He mumbled, pulling back onto the road.

They were both silent for the rest of the drive.