14

I laid in bed staring out my window. I couldn't help but feel like something, someone was staring at my window. This wasn't the first time it had happened. I couldn't see who was there because it was dark. I pressed my lips together and closed my curtains. I downstairs to find my parents cuddle up on the couch watching tv. I grabbed myself something to eat then joined them in the living.
  "Sweetie." My mom looked at me. "I haven't seen handsome boy around. Did something happen between you two?"
   I nodded my head.
  "We got into an argument, I haven't seen him since." I sighed.
  "What was the argument about?" My dad asked.
  "He has someone but he doesn't like me around other guys." I pulled my knees to my chest. "I must have bad luck when it comes to men."
   "Well, what about Eric." My mom smiled.
   "He's a nice person but..." I sighed. "I mean I guess I could give him a chance."
   Even though my heart wants Elijah. I finished eating and sat there watching the show before getting sleepy. I made my way to my room to see Elijah laying on the bed. I quickly shut the door. Anger struck me but see the recent wounds on him softened my heart.
"I'm happy you're okay." He smiled.
His smile. I missed his smile.
"Listen." He sat up wincing at the pain. "You're in danger."
"What?" I said confused.
"I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd freak out because we barely know each other but Elizabeth." He paused.
The way my name rolled off his tongue made me wanna jump on him.
"You're my mate." He said.
It was like time froze. The room went black and I woke up on my bed. Elijah was sitting next to me worried.
"I see you didn't take the news very well." He sighed. "That's why I didn't want to tell you."
"I- I don't know what to say." I mumbled.
"There's not much to say." He sighed. "Eliza, my father found out that you're human."
"Huh?" My eyes widened.
"He wanted my mate to be a werewolf." Elijah clenched his jaw shut. "He's coming for you. I'm sure of it."
"Eli." I moved closer to him.
With a smile on my face, I slapped him as hard as my weak arms would let me.
"Why did you disappear if I was your mate!" I shouted not caring if my family heard. "I was worried shitless."
Elijah chuckled.
"Babygirl." He cupped my face. "I never left."
My face went blank. Those times where I felt someone watching me. It was him.
"Sweetie." I heard my mom say.
"Sorry for being loud, I'm just reading y/n POV book." I said loud enough so that she could hear me.
"Okay, sweetie." I heard her footsteps fade away.
I turned my attention back to Elijah.
  "What do you mean you never left me?" I said with a pout.
   "Even though you couldn't see me, I was still watching over you." He admitted. "I to clear up some shit with my dad but it only made it worse."
  "That's why you said I might be in trouble?" I asked.
  Elijah nodded his head.
  "So the girl you were referring to about being your mate was me?" I had to clarify.
  "Yup." He smiled.
  "So I was jealous over my own self." I laughed.
"We'll talk more about this tomorrow." He yawned. "Let's get some sleep."
  I watched as he made himself comfortable. He looked over at me and patted the area next to me. I smiled crawling next to him. The warmth of his body was welcoming.