21

My day started like all my other days. I dressed went to the studio. I decided to do something other than have them paint or draw.
  "In front of you is molding clay." I said walking around. "Here I have a simple clay."
   "You call that simple?" A student blurted out.
  "Yes." I laughed. "It's quite simple."
  "Ms. Eliza, that clay heart is smoother than my baby sister's butt." He whined. "I don't think-"
  "Quit your whining Zander." My top student said. "Just do your best."
  The class went silent focusing on their heart molding. Before I knew it class was over with it. They placed their pieces on the drying rack and left but not before saying their goodbyes. As I was locking the door I felt arms wrap around me. His scent filled the area I was in. His warmth calmed the nerves in my body.
  "How was your day." Elijah asked.
  "Good." I smiled. "We're learning how to mold clay, we're still in the easy stage any one of my students is whining about it."
  "Wait until they start sculpting sculptures." Elijah laughed.
I turned around to face him. I frowned seeing that he had a busted lip and a few scratches on his face.
  "What happened?" I questioned.
  "Nothing, just werewolf stuff." He smiled.
  I rolled my eyes.
  "So what's our date for tonight." I asked.
He scanned my body, nodding in approval. I gave him a questioning look.
"What you're wearing is just fine." He smiled.
"Okay, but where are we going?" I asked batting my eyelashes.
"You'll darling." He kissed me on my forehead unleashing the butterflies.
The drive there was short but it felt long. He pulled onto a dirt road. My eyes widened when I saw a huge screen.
"Oh my goodness!" I squealed with happiness. "Is this a drive-in movie theater?"
He smiled with a nod. Elijah back into a spot. We got out and walked around to the back of his truck. He opened a duffel bag that had blankets and pillows.
"We're a bit early." He chuckles nervously.
"That's fine." I said getting comfortable.
From the look on his face, I could tell he's been wanting to tell me something. I moved sitting on his lap.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Is it that obvious?" He mumbled.
I nodded. He leaned his head on my chest. I ran my hand through his thick hair.
  "I'll tell you after our date is over." He smiled.
  I gave him a peck on the lips before cuddling up next to him. More cars rolled in. The sky started darkening. It was beautiful. This date was a ten out of ten.
  "I don't like the ending." I said as the movie ended.
  "Who knows maybe they'll do a second movie." Elijah laughed.
  "They better." I pouted. "Oh yeah, what was it you wanted to tell me?"
  He took in a deep breath before responding.
  "I'll be gone for a while. Werewolf duties." He sighed.
  I moved back from him.
  "How long are you going to be gone?" I asked.
  I wanted to cry.
  He cupped my cheek giving me a sad smile.
  "Two weeks." Elijah answered.
  "Eli.." I mumbled.
  "I know baby." He pulled me close. "Those two weeks will fly by fast. I promise."
  "Why are you leaving?" I said, wanting to know if I should argue this out.
  "Vampires have been killing too much lately, they made an agreement with us that they are not to kill in our town."
  "Okay." I said cutting him off. "Just come back to me."
  My eyes searched his. He nodded.
  "No. I need to hear it. Promise me Eli that you will come back." The seriousness in my voice made him raise his eyebrows.
  "I will." He said. "I promise."