22

My days went on as usual, but not a second went by where I wasn't thinking about Elijah. Is he okay? Did he get hurt? Is he getting enough sleep? Is he thinking about me? Has he been eating healthy? I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. I know I should get up and start my day but part of me wanted to be home for when Elijah comes back. Today is the last day of the two weeks. Two long weeks. I got up, showered and started my day. I went to my studio. I stood in the doorway. I've been thinking about renovating it for so long. I think I'm going to start it. I'll be doing my art classes outside until it's done. The day went by slow but as it did Elijah never showed up. I called and texted him. Nothing. A few more days went by and I still haven't heard anything from him.
  I walked onto my room tossing my bag on the bed, slipping out of my shoes. I took on my shirt off and tossed it into my dirty clothes basket. I hopped into the shower. A long hot shower. After the shower I sat in bed drawing. I looked up to see Elijah standing at the end of my bed. I rubbed my eyes thinking I was seeing things, but when he didn't disappear I started crying. 
  "Sorry I'm late." He whispered. "I had to make sure no one was following me." 
  "What happened?" I asked. 
  He sat next to me on the bed. Elijah pulled out a ring from his pocket. He took my hand putting it on my finger. 
  "Never take this off." He said. 
  It was a plain silver ring. I gave him a confused look. 
  "Something happened."  He pressed his lips together. "They might come for you." 
 "By they you mean Vampires?" I mumbled. "And you think coming to my house was a smart idea?" I stood up. "I don't care if I'm in harms way but you just put my family in harms way." 
  "No one was following me, Eliza. Calm down." He reached for me. 
  "Calm down." I let out a loud laugh. "You expect me to be calm when..." 
 "Sweetie is everything okay?" The door opened and my mom gasped. "Oh, when did you get here?" 
  "About couple of minutes ago." Elijah said. 
  "Okay." My mom slowly closed the door. 
  "We have to leave." I grabbed a bag putting some clothes in it and another for my shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and toothbrush. 
  Elijah grabbed me by my shoulders, his eyes shinned a golden brown. I felt all my nerves and anxiety about the situation come to a halt. 
  "I promise nothing will happen to your family." He smiled. "If it will make you feel more comfortable you can come and stay with me." 
  I nodded my head. If they want to get to him they'd come for me. I don't want my family in the middle of that. Before we left I told my parents that I would be staying over at Elijah's house as a test to see if he is that one. Just so that they won't suspect anything. 
  That night I didn't get any sleep, my mind kept me up. When the sun came up I went downstairs to cook breakfast. I felt warm arms wrap around me. 
  "Breakfast will be ready soon." I smiled leaning into his warmth. 
  "Smell good." He kissed my neck. 
  Goosebumps ran my body. I just found my weak spot and so did he. I didn't even have to look at him to know he the look of amusement on his face.