20

Forgetting that I had a date with Elijah I had to rush to get dressed. I heard my mom shout that he pulled into the driveway. I rushed downstairs with my shoes and purse in hand.
"Relax." My mom smiled. "You've been hanging out with him for how long and all of a sudden a date is making you nervous."
"What if I mess up?" I mumbled.
"Just be you." She hugged me tightly. "No sex on the first date." My mom whispered into my ear.
My face turned red.
"Mom!" I playfully slapped her arm.
There was a knock at the door. My mom left me in a hurry to get to the door. She opened it and her jaw dropped. My eyes widened to see Elijah all dressed up. He was looking hella good in the suit.
  "Take good care of her." My mom smiled widely.
  I walked up to him with a huge smile on my face.
  "Ready to go." Elijah smiled holding out his hand.
  I placed my hand over his.
  "Ready." I said.
I noticed that he had a Jeep instead of his other car.

He pulled onto a dirt road. Now I know why he took the Jeep. I took a glance over at him.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"You'll find out." He said locking the car's door.
I unlocked my door but he quickly looked it back.
"Elijah stop playing with me." I said nervously.
"Okay." He laughed. "It's just around this corner." He said.
I watched as he turned into an open area. It was set up with lights, blankets laid on the ground. I looked over at him.
"I know you're not the type to go to a movie or dinner so I brought you to one of my favorite places to look at the stars." He said.
He got out of the Jeep and opened the door for me. I smiled as he held out his hand helping me.
"Did you bring food?" I asked him.
"Yes of course." He shook his head with a smile.
He walked around to the side of the Jeep.
"Mind helping me out." He called over to me.
We settled down and watched the stars, pointing out constellations. He finally told me when his birthday was, so I told him mine. It had me thinking. Are we compatible? Do our signs get along? I wanted to pull out my phone and check but I know that would be rude. I felt his arm go under my neck as he pulled me closer. His warmth covered me. I smiled moving closer.
"Hungry?" He asked.
"Yeah, a little bit." I answered.
He moved sitting up. I watched as he opened the basket he brought, taking out subs, chips, and drinks.
  The young night came to an end and Elijah took me home.
  "Huhhh." I whined. "I don't wanna leave you."
  I wrapped my arms around him sinking into his warmth.
  "I'll see you tomorrow." He kissed my forehead.
  He waited for me to go inside before leaving. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted him.
  I miss you already.