The Epilogue

The last day of June has arrived, and Sig was waiting at the mirror that leads to the Land of Pyroxene, together with the Octavinelle trio.

"Say, Crabby. Do we have to wear our dorm uniforms just for a party?" Floyd complained.

"Come on, Floyd. It's not just any party. It's Mr Ortiz's 50th Birthday! He has kindly reserved the whole restaurant for his birthday party and invited all of us, of course we have to dress as nicely as we can!" said Sig.

"He's got a point. Mr Ortiz took him in before he came here, after all. Besides, we must give him a proper thanks for his wonderful service last time," said Jade.

"I wonder how long do we have to wait for the others. I did make sure to invite them..." said Azul, looking at his watch.

Not long after, the five boys from Heartslabyul, the trio from Savanaclaw and Pomefiore, the duo from Scarabia and Ignihyde and the four from Diasomnia arrived, all wearing their dorm uniforms and carrying presents.

"You didn't wait for long, right?" asked Malleus.

"Don't worry, we didn't. I'm sure Mr Ortiz would so happy to meet you all! Let's go!" said Sig as he led everyone into the mirror.

Soon they arrived at the restaurant, which was decorated with banners, confetti and red, white and green balloons.

"Feliz cumpleaños!" they cheered upon arrival.

"Oh my! Gracias for coming! Please enjoy yourselves!" said Eduardo.

After putting the presents aside. The party officially started. Everyone either chatted amongst themselves or eat their faces off.

"Hey, Sig. Would you mind coming here for a second?" Eduardo walked towards Sig.

"Oh, sure. What is it?" asked Sig. He then followed Eduardo to a corner, where Eduardo opened his bag and took out an object that resembled a book.

"Please keep this," said Eduardo.

"What is this?" asked Sig. He opened it and saw several photos on each page, all having dates written carefully.

"It's a photo album!" exclaimed Sig. He then turned over the pages. "These are pictures taken when you were still a student at NRC!" 

"Correcto. I still miss those days, and of course, the friends and teachers that I made there. That's why I kept every single picture I've taken. And this album does not only contain photos of me as a student," Eduardo said as turned over the pages. Sig's eyes widened as he saw the first photo on one of the pages.

"Isn't this taken when I first came?" said Sig.

"Si! Looks at this one, you looked so miserable back then, and now you're all smiles!"

"It's all thanks to you and the people at NRC. You've all been brilliant,"

"There are also photos taken during the times you stayed with us too!" said Eduardo. He then held Sig's hands.

"Sig. I want you to keep this so you'll understand how much I've enjoyed my time at NRC, and remind yourself to treasure those who care about you. And most of all, never forget me and my family."

"Are you sure? You treasured this album a lot, don't you?"

"Yes, and that's why I want you to keep it. And don't you worry, I have another copy of it. As you can see, this album still has a lot of empty pages, so please fill them up with lots of memories. "

Sig held the album tightly.

"Thank you so much, Mr Ortiz. I will definitely take lots of pictures and fill this album until it bursts!"

Mr Ortiz giggled at Sig's statement. Sig laughed along too.

Seconds later, Maria came to the two.

"Hurry up and come, you two! It's time for cake and everyone's waiting!" she said.

"Oh of course! We can't forget about the cake!" said Eduardo.

"Let me guess, are we having tres leches cake?" asked Sig.

"Si! A Mexican party should serve tres leches cake! A large, rectangular one with lots of fresh fruit!" said Eduardo.

"Great! It's been ages since I have it. I can't wait!" smiled Sig.

"Let's go then!" said Maria.

The two rejoined the others and the party continued with cheers and laughter. 

Sigmund Brachyura, who used to be an introverted, depressed crab merman too afraid to even smile, has now found the happiness he has been craving for. Not only does he have Mr Ortiz and his family, but also the friends he made at NRC by his side. He can finally be free from his trauma and fully enjoy his life.

THE END