Lunch Shift

After finishing the staff meal, Sig went to the bartender table together with Ruggie and Jade to get ready for business.

Saturday is the busiest day in a week at Mostro Lounge. A large queue was already lining up at the entrance, waiting for it to open.

"Be prepared for the flow of people! Kishishishishishishi!" said Ruggie.

"Um...ok?" said Sig.

Two minutes later, Mostro Lounge is finally open, and Azul was busy taking the customers to their tables. 

Within a few seconds, waiters started handing drink orders to the trio.

"I need two Cherry Vanillas and one apple juice to Table 4!" 

"Three Mystery Drinks to Table 7 please!"

"I need one Raspberry Lemonade and one Coconut Limeade to Table 8 please!"

"Let's start working then. Sig, would you please finish the orders for table 4?" asked Jade.

"Sure," said Sig.

For the Cherry Vanilla, Sig made a vanilla milkshake in the blender by mixing milk, vanilla ice cream and some vanilla seeds scraped from vanilla beans. He then layered two drinking glass with the milkshake, then cherry puree until it has a total of 8 layers. He then placed three ice cubes into another drinking glass and poured in the apple juice.

"Oh, Sig. Would you serve the drinks to table 4 as well? I would like to introduce you to my friends," said Azul.

"No problem," said Sig. He put the drinks onto a tray and followed Azul.

On table 4 sat Deuce, Ace and Anna.

"Hello there, Deuce and Trappola siblings. Allow me to introduce you to our newest member of Mostro Lounge," said Azul. 

"Ola. I am Sigmund Brachyura. Call me Sig is fine," said Sig.

"Hello, Sig," said Ace and Deuce.

"Here are your drinks," said Sig as he placed the drinks on the table.

"Thank you, sir. During hot days like these, a glass of chilled apple juice is all I need!" said Anna.

Sig blushed at the radiant smile on Anna's face.

"Are your wounds fully healed, Ace?" asked Azul.*

"They are, though the one in the abdomen still hurts a bit," said Ace. "But this glass of cherry vanilla makes me forget the pain!"

*From "Fall of NRC!?"

Sig noticed the spade-shaped patch on Deuce's right eye, and the heart-shaped patch on Ace and Anna's left eye. 

"Pardon me...are those things on your eyes...birthmarks?" he asked shyly.

"Oh no, they are painted," said Deuce.

"Oh really!?" said Sig nervously. He then looked towards the bartender table.

"Well excuse me...I better help with the drinks!" He then ran off.

Deuce, the Trappola siblings and Azul looked at each other with confusion.

"What's with him?" asked Ace.

"I don't know. He often seems nervous and gloomy, but I assure you, he's really nice," said Azul.

"I wonder why he covers his left side of the face?" asked Anna.

"Maybe he's shy," said Deuce.

After finishing the order for table 4, Sig immediately helped with another order. This time he needed to make three Cookie Dough Milkshake and two Mystery Drinks.