Heartwarming Chat

Sig worked as normal a few days after the incident. And of course, he did not forget to spend time with his newly found family during his free time. Apart from Octavinelle, he also spent time with students from the other six dorms, particularly those who took part in his "Healing Journey". 

With his thoughts let out and former family out of the picture, Sig finally got over his trauma and can live his life filled with love and happiness.

One night, Azul decided to let Sig take a day-off. After finishing his dinner, he took a stroll around the school. After walking around the fields, the library and the courtyards, he eventually arrived outside of Ramshackle dorm.

"I only managed to have a glimpse inside last time. Hard to imagine Mr Ortiz lived here during his days as a student here..." mumbled Sig.

When he turned around, ready to leave, a voice called to him.

"Sig! Thankfully you came the right time!" 

Sig looked back. The voice was that of Grim's, and Yuu was running to him.

"Hello, Grim and Yuu. What is it?" he asked.

"Actually...someone in the dorm wants to talk to you," said Yuu.

"Really? Who is it?"

"You'll see," Yuu held Sig's hand and led him into the lounge, with Grim following behind.

When Sig arrived, he was stunned by what he saw.

Right in front of him was the ghost of a middle-aged man with slick-back hair and a five o'clock shadow. He wasn't wearing any clothes or accessories and was legless, but he had a large cone-shaped shell on his back. He also had gentle-looking eyes.

Sig couldn't be more familiar with this face.

"Dad?" he said.

"You must've been waiting for its day, I believe," said the ghost.

"Dad!" tears of joy filled Sig's eyes and he immediately ran towards him.

"Sig, you can't hug him! he's a..." was all Grim managed to say before Sig went through his father and fell straight to the ground.

"...a ghost," Grim finished his sentence.

"Too bad, son. I would like to hug you too," giggled Mr Brachyura.

"Hehehe...I got carried away," giggled Sig, caressing his head and slowly standing up.

"Oh, son. You've truly become a man. I can't be any prouder for how much you've grown. I've been watching over you, you know. Sit down and let's enjoy this night together," said Mr Brachyura.

"I leave you two here then," said Yuu. He and Grim left the lounge and returned to their room.

Sig wiped his tears.

"I miss you so much, dad. I've been thinking about you every single day."

"I know, son. I couldn't stop worrying about you. I can't believe they blamed you for my death! I know how terrible your mother, your siblings and other members of the family were, but I never thought they would do such a thing!" 

"Yeah, it really hurt me. Your death, along with the bullying and taunting back then, haunted me for years. But you don't need to worry about me anymore. I've gotten over it, and now I have a new home and a new family. I also met Mr Ortiz in the Land of Pyroxene too. I stayed at his place for 5 years before moving to here back in April."

"I saw that too...as a ghost, of course. As I have said, I've been watching over you since you left the household. I'm so relieved to see that you're meeting more kind people. Not just Mr Ortiz, that Azul guy, the twins and many other students are wonderful too. I must give them my gratitude."

"They are wonderful, indeed. They even made a one-week plan for me to do fun activities and enjoy myself to help me heal my heart."

"Haha...I wanted to join you guys, but I also wanted to give you a surprise too. That's why I chose to see you today," laughed Mr Brachyura. But then his face turned serious.

"By the way...I saw your...um...little reunion with Ralf and Agata. Not a happy one, wasn't it?" 

"Oh, that...I'm sorry, dad. I know I seemed selfish for not forgiving them, but I just can't betray my heart since I really don't think they deserve to be forgiven."

"Oh, no! Don't apologise, my son! I'm not bringing this up to criticize you. To be honest, I find myself unable to forgive them too! Many people are not strong-willed and brave enough to do what you did, you know. As the Azul guy said, it takes up a lot of courage." Mr Brachyura's smile returned.

"Really? You think I did the right thing?"

"You said something that I strongly agreed: The choice of whatever the Brachyuras should be forgiven is up to you since you're the one who's hurt. No one, not even me, can disrespect or force you to change your mind. You've become a strong young man, Sig."

"Thank you, father."

"I often roam around here. Take me to meet your friends someday."

"I will. They'll be happy to meet you, too," said Sig. He then looked at the clock. 

"Oh! It's almost curfew time! I got to go now! It's so nice to see you again, dad!" said Sig, getting up.

"Hurry back, then, my son. But be careful! We shall meet each other again," smiled Mr Brachyura.

After Sig left, several ghosts came to Mr Brachyura.

"Sig resembles you a lot," said one of them.

"I know. He's my son, after all," replied Mr Brachyura.

Sig returned to Octavinelle, whistling "Part of your World" while skipping.

"You've returned, Sig. You seem more jovial than usual," smiled Azul.

"You can't believe who I met with just then," said Sig.

"And who was that person?" asked Jade.

"It was...my dad."

Azul and the Leech twins stared with their mouths wide open.

"Your dad? But isn't he dead...wait, do you mean..." said Floyd.

"As a ghost, of course. He's roaming around Ramshackle now."

"Well that's great to hear! You can go back to those happy times with him then," smiled Azul.

"I'm sure he's proud to see the person you've become," Jade patted Sig's shoulder.

"He is...and he asked me to take him to meet you guys someday."

"Yay~another Crabby~" cheered Floyd.

Sig felt that his future would be brighter than he ever imagined.