Sig's past

Several people surrounded a young teenager with red hair and dressed in black, yelling and pointing at him.

"This is all your fault!"

"Sig, you're nothing but a trashy crab!"

"If you don't like it here, then get out!"

"We'll definitely never forgive you!"

"We don't wanna see you anymore!"

"You're an unlucky charm! Why don't you just go away!"

...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Sig screamed as he woke up.

The Octavinalle trio, who were by his bed, was startled and jumped up.

"Sig! You're awake!" said Azul.

"What happened? Did you have a nightmare?" asked Floyd.

"Here's some water," said Jade, handing Sig a glass filled with water.

"Tha...thank you. Disculpas for the screaming," said Sig as he drank.

"Sig...I know you might not want to talk about this but...would you mind telling us more about yourself?" asked Azul.

"Eh?"

"Something must've happened in the past that cause you not to smile and...cover the left side of the face. Telling us might make you feel better," said Jade.

"I agree. Since we're friends, we're here to help you, and we'll listen to all your problems," said Floyd.

"Really? We are friends?" asked Sig.

Azul, Jade and Floyd gave him a hug.

"Thanks...it's just...no one has said that to me before..."

"Really? But you're so nice!" said Azul.

"Well...you see..." Sig held up the portion of hair that covered his left side. The trio immediately gasped upon seeing his face.

 The trio immediately gasped upon seeing his face

"What is that? A burn mark?" asked Jade.

"Nope. I have it since I was born," said Sig.

"So that's why no one wanted to be friends with you," said Azul. "Maybe that's the reason why you asked about Deuce and Ace's patches during lunch."

"What exactly happened in your childhood?" asked Floyd.

"It's a long story, but if you insist..." Sig started telling the trio about his past.

(The following is a monologue by Sigmund Brachyura himself)

I was born into the wealthy Brachyura family, who lives in the South of the Sea of Corals. I lived with my parents, older brother and younger sister.