Cooking Lesson at Scarabia

The next day after lessons had ended, Azul and the Leech twins brought Sig to Scarabia. Kalim and Jamil were already waiting at the entrance.

"Hey...I recognise you two," said Sig upon seeing them. "You two visited my restaurant during the Spring Break!"

"I recognise you too," said Jamil. "You're that amazing drink maker who made those delicious spicy hot chocolate for us."

"Eh? What are you guys talking about?" asked Floyd in confusion.

"Ah, we visited the Land of Pyroxene with our family during Spring Break. We went to this really great restaurant there for lunch, and we had spicy hot chocolate and this finger food...what's it called again? The one which has flatbread wrapping all kinds of fillings?" asked Kalim.

"Tacos. They were delicious indeed, and that's the reason why you're here today," smiled Jamil. "It would be great if we can learn how to make that flatbread, and of course, the hot chocolate."

"I see...you want me to give a Mexican cooking lesson, huh?" said Sig. The Scarabia duo and the Octavinelle trio nodded.

"Sure. Let's head to the kitchen!" smiled Sig.

After arriving at the kitchen, Sig and the others immediately went to get the ingredients.

"Let's make the hot chocolate first. We need dark chocolate, milk, cinnamon sticks, cayenne pepper and sugar. Whipped Cream too if you like," said Sig.

"Luckily we've got all of these in the kitchen!" said Kalim, getting a small jar of cayenne pepper and a cinnamon stick from the spice shelf.

"I got the milk and cream from the fridge," said Jamil.

"Alright. Let's start!" said Sig. Everyone cheered.

Sig placed the milk and cinnamon stick into a saucepan over low heat and let it boil for ten minutes. Jamil whipped the cream until thickened. Then Azul took out the cinnamon stick with a fork and Jade added the rest of the ingredients, mixing it until smooth. He then poured the hot chocolate mixture into mugs and Kalim spooned some whipped cream on each mug. Floyd sprinkled some cayenne on top of the cream.

"Here you go! Chocolate Caliente Mexicano!" said Sig.

"Mmm...it smells just as good as that time!" said Kalim.

They all raised their mugs and gave a toast.

"Cheers!"

They all took a sip.

"It's spicy, yet satisfying〜" said Floyd.

"We can consider adding it into our hot drinks menu and provide it during cold seasons," said Jade.

"I can see why my sister is obsessed with it. She begged me to ask you to teach me the recipe," said Jamil.

"I'm glad you like it," smiled Sig. "Now let's make some tortillas for the tacos."

"Tortillas? Are you referring to the flatbread?" asked Jamil.

"Yes. Tortillas are a popular staple food in Mexico, the place where the food of the restaurant originated. For tacos, you can fill anything you like, hence why we have the mini buffet there," said Sig.

"It sounds fun! I can't wait!" said Kalim.

"I saw there is quite a lot of leftover food in the fridge. Can we use them as fillings?" asked Azul. 

"Of course. We can make Land of Hot Sands-style tacos!" said Sig. He then walked towards the fridge.

"Let me see...grilled spicy chicken, beef curry, mixed lentil salad, doner kebab...these are great fillings for tacos. Let me cut some vegetables and make some tzatziki to go with them," said Sig.