Spanish Lesson with Diasomnia

The next evening, Sig and the trio went to Diasomnia. The arrived at the lounge, where they saw a mobile whiteboard, a podium and the four Diasomnia members sitting on desks.

"Wow...what's with this classroom set up?" asked Sig. Malleus stood up from his desk.

"Hello, Sig. We would like you teach us Spanish," smiled Malleus.

"Oh, really? You're interested?" asked Sig, surprised.

"Yes we are, Brachyura-sensei!" said Sebek.

"Of course, we three will be participating the lesson as students as well," said Jade. The trio then sat at the empty desks.

"Oooh...I guess it'll take me a while to get used to be called sensei..." Sig thought to himself. He then went to the podium. With a deep breath, 

"Ola, everyone. It's a pleasure to teach you all Spanish," said Sig, trying to sound like a teacher. "Now...what would you like to learn?"

"Hmm..how about the basics, like greetings?" asked Lilia.

"Por Supuesto, Lilia. Everyone learns the greetings and manners first when they learn a new language, after all," said Sig. He then took a marker and wrote the following onto the whiteboard:

Hello    Hola          

Goodbye    Adios

Thank you    Gracias           

You're Welcome    De nada

How are you    Como estas           

I'm fine    Estoy bien

I am    Yo soy           

My name is    Mi nombre es

His "students" jot down notes in their notebooks.

"Here are the most basic words you use to greet other people in Spanish. Please read after me," said Sig. He started speaking the Spanish words while using a teaching pointer to point the words. His "students" repeated after he finished reading each word.

"Very good! You guys learn fast," praised Sig.

"Gracias, sensei," said Silver.

"Now we'll move on to other basics," said Sig as he rubbed the words off the board. He then wrote the following:

He   El       

She   Ella       

It   Eso

His   Su       

Her    Su       

Its   Sus

Me/I   Yo       

You   Tu

My   Mi       

Your    Tu

Mine   Mia          

Yours   Tuya

"Repeat after me," said Sig. His "students" did as they were told.

"Muy bien!" smiled Sig, clapping his hands. "Now...what should we learn next?"

"Sensei, I would like to learn the names of fruits and vegetables," said Floyd, raising his hand.

"Gran idea," said Sig.

"In fact, we forgot to tell you that we've prepared some picture cards on what we would like to learn," said Azul as he took out a large stack of A-4 sized hard paper and handed them to Sig.

"Wow. You guys sure do wanna learn a lot!" said Sig. "But that's exactly the attitude I love!"

"Apart from fruits and veg, there are also numbers, colors and animals," said Jade.

"No problem, everyone. I shall teach you all of them," said Sig.

As Sig explained, he would use a marker to write down the objects' names in Spanish on the cards and have his "students" read aloud. After that, Sig gave them each a Spanish dictionary.

"Now with the help of this dictionary, along with what you've learnt just then, please each do a brief introduction about yourself in Spanish and present it. I'll give you fifteen minutes," said Sig.

His students then worked right into the task.

"I already know my name means blue in Spanish..."

"Let me see...salmon...salmon..."

"Where's the Spanish word for tomato..."

"So the Spanish word for octopus is pulpo...how interesting..."

"Mushroom...where's the word for mushroom..."

"How to pronounce this? No...viem...br...bre..."

"Ah...the spanish spelling for violin is the same..."

Fifteen minutes had passed and Sig signalled everyone to start presenting one by one. 

"Ola, Mi nombre es Lilia Vanrouge..."

(Hello, my name is Lilia Vanrouge...)

"Vivo en el Valle de las Espinas con Lilia, Silver y Sebek..."

(I live in the Valley of Thorns with Lilia, Silver and Sebek...)

"Mis padres son dueños de un restaurante..."

(My parents own a restaurant...)

"Soy del Mar de Corales y tengo diecisiete años..."

(I'm from the Sea of Corals and I am seventeen years old)

"Mi pasatiempo es la esgrima..."

(My hobby is fencing...)

"Me gusta hacer terrarios..."

(I like making terrariums...)

"Mi comida favorita es carpacio de Salmon..."

(My favourite food is salmon carpaccio...)

After each of them finished their presentations, Sig gave them a round of applause.

"Excelente! You all did so well, and such fluency and pronunciation too!" he smiled. "It sounded like you've learnt it beforehand!"

"Gracias, sensei!" they all said together.

"Hey, Sig...if you don't mind, can you give us more lessons in the future?" asked Malleus.

"Of course. I will be happy to do so. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it!" said Sig.

After leaving Diasomnia, Sig asked the trio.

"What are we gonna do tomorrow?" 

"Well...it's a surprise!" said Azul.

"We'll be going to a place you're familiar with," said Jade.

"Together with Azarashi-kun and Koebi-chan!" said Floyd. 

"Azarashi? Koebi?" Sig looked at Floyd with confusion.

"Oh, I forgot you haven't meet those two yet," said Floyd, scratching his head.

"There's this young boy who, like Mr Ortiz, was sent to this world and is now in the same year as Ace and Deuce. He came with a cat-like creature called Grim, AKA Azarashi-kun. They both live in an abandoned dorm called Ramshackle dorm," said Azul.

"They know about tomorrow's plan. We'll meet them at Ramshackle," said Jade.

"Understood," said Sig. He can't wait for tomorrow's activity.

Note: Spanish isn't my first language, so forgive me if I made any mistakes.