Dinner Shift

At six o'clock, the dinner shift officially started. Jade and Sig went back to the station and got ready for work.

"Dinner shift would be even busier. Ready for that?" asked Jade.

"Yes! I'm...I'm well prepared!" smiled Sig, patting his chest.

"Fufufu...I love that confidence! Make sure you always show this side of you!" smiled Jade.

"By the way, where's Ruggie?"

"Oh, he doesn't work dinner shifts during weekends," said Floyd. "But there's a chance you'll see him as a customer tonight."

"Oh ok."

Soon all tables were occupied, and Sig received his first drink order of the evening.

"I need two Raspberry Lemonades and one orange juice to table 3 please!" said the waiter.

"Got it," replied Sig. He made two glasses of Raspberry Lemonade and poured the orange juice into a glass filled with three ice cubes. He then served the drinks to the customers of table 3.

Table 3 sat Leona, Jack and Ruggie.

"Hello, Sig! Looks like you've accustomed to work!" said Ruggie.

"I have indeed. It's all thanks to your help, Ruggie," smiled Sig.

Ruggie's eye widen. He couldn't believe Sig smiled.

"What's wrong, Ruggie-senpai?" asked Jack.

"Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that."

"So you're the newbie Ruggie's been talking about, huh?" asked Leona, resting his head on his hand.

"I am. My name is Sig...wait..." Sig realised who he was talking to before bowing.

"Excuse me, your highness!" 

"Oi oi...no need to be so formal with me. Ruggie's friend is my friend," said Leona, patting Sig's back. "Rise up."

"Yes, sir!" Sig immediately served the orange juice to Leona, and the Raspberry Lemonades to Jack and Ruggie.

"Enjoy!" he smiled.

"Thank you!" said the Savanaclaw trio.

Sig went back to the bartender table to help Jade.

"Don't worry about Leona. He may be a prince, but he's totally ok with informality," whispered Jade.

"Ok!" replied Sig. Not long after new drink orders came, and Sig maintained his efficiency.

After a few orders, Sig was told to make one glass of tomato juice and one glass of Mystery Drink for table 8. It was Lilia and Silver.

Sig bowed and greeted the two politely as he served them their drinks.

"Thank you, sir. Are you new here?" asked Lilia.

"I am indeed. My name's Sig."

"Nice to meet you. I am Silver and this is my old man, Lilia."

"Don't call me that!" yelled Lilia as he slapped Silver's shoulder. 

"Ow!" shrieked Silver. Sig giggled.

"We may not be a blood-related family, but we love each other just like one," said Lilia.

"Aww...that's so sweet. Here, please enjoy your drinks," smiled Sig.

"We will!" said Lilia and Silver together.

When the clock strikes eight, all the lights were out, and then a light focused on the stage.

"Good evening everyone," said Azul, who was at the center of the stage. "Are you all ready for some evening music?"

"What's happening?" asked Sig.

"Every weekend at eight, we three would perform music on stage. Back in middle school, we formed a band, with Azul on the piano, Jade on the bass and me on the drums," replied Floyd.

"That's amazing..." said Sig.

"We better get ready. Feel free to enjoy!" said Jade as he and Foyd rushed to the stage.

Sig looked at the stage with admiration. 

"I wish I could perform too..." he mumbled.

Azul seemed to hear him.

"Do you play any instruments, Sig?"

"Eh? I...I do! I play the trumpet..."

"A trumpet? That's brilliant! Why don't you come and perform with us?" 

"Can...can I?"

"Sure you can!" Azul reached out his hand.

"Thank you so much!" Sig smiled as he hold onto Azul's hand and was pulled on stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please let me introduce our latest member: Sig Brachyura!" said Azul. Everyone clapped.

"He will be playing the trumpet!" he said as he handed a trumpet to Sig. The trio, along with Sig, started playing "In Love with You" while a female and a male Octavinelle student sang.

After the performance ended, the crowd cheered and clapped.

"Thank you! Thank you, everyone! Please give extra applause to Sig!" said Azul. The crowded clapped even louder.

Sig bowed and shook hands with some of the customers.

By the time the clock reached nine-thirty, all customers have left. Sig and the rest of the Octavinelle students were cleaning up.

"Great job as always everyone!" said Azul. He then turned to Sig.

"Your performance today was even better than the lunch shift!" he said as he patted on Sig's shoulder.

"Not only did you remain efficient in making drinks, but you also gave a stunning trumpet performance on stage back then!" smiled Jade.

"Thank you so much, everyone. I wouldn't be able to do it if you hadn't invited me," smiled Sig.

"You should be part of our band! The more the merrier!" said Floyd.

"Can I? Thank you so mu..." was all Sig managed to say before he heard voices in his head again.

"Don't join us, Sig."

"You're so ugly. You'll only ruin our reputation."

"Can you do anything besides playing the trumpet?"

"People like you shouldn't even dream of being part of a band!"

"Give up already!"

"*noises of a trumpet being smashed*"

Sig dropped to his knees while panting.

"No...please...don't say such mean things to me! Don't smash my trumpet, please!" he yelled, covering his ears.

Azul, Jade and Floyd noticed him and rushed to his aid.

"Sig! What's wrong?" asked Azul.

"Bad memories again?" asked Jade.

"Do you need any water?" asked Floyd.

"I...I'm fine...I...I..." 

Soon Sig passed out, lying on the ground.