Sig's hobby

Between the end of the lunch shift and the start of the dinner shift, All members of Octavinelle had a three-hour break. They are free to do whatever they like, as long as they don't break the rules or destroy the dorm.

Azul and the Leech twins tried to find Sig, but he wasn't in his room, Mostro Lounge or the VIP room.

"I feel bad about what I did. I ought to apologize to him properly," said a worried Azul.

"What did you do?" asked Floyd.

"I just asked why he was emotionless all the time...maybe I brought up some bad memories..." explained Azul.

"Perhaps he suffered something traumatizing," said Jade. Floyd and Azul nodded in agreement.

Meanwhile, Sig had calmed down and was walking around the cafeteria inside the main building.

"Shoot...I lost my cool right in front of Azul...I must apologize to him properly later..." he mumbled. "By the way, this cafeteria is huge. I assume there are like a thousand students enrolled here. It's a prestigious school, after all."

As he walked, he stumbled across the kitchen, where several ghosts were cleaning up.

"Hello, friend! You must be the new member at Mostro Lounge!" one of the ghosts greeted him cheerfully.

"I am, indeed. My name's Sig. Sig Brachyura," said Sig.

"Well nice yo meet you, Sig. What are you doing in this kitchen?" asked a chubby ghost.

"I was just taking a stroll around the school and then I arrived here. Would you like me to help with the cleaning?"

"Oh! That would be wonderful, dear!" said a female ghost.

With the help of Sig, the ghosts finished cleaning the kitchen quicker than usual.

"You are a star! Thank you!" said another ghost.

"You're welcome. Now, what do you guys usually do after cleaning?"

"Well...Crowley allowed us to use leftover ingredients to make something for ourselves. Would you like to join us?"

"Sure.," said Sig. He then took a look at the ingredients.

"There's a lot of fruit and vegetables here, as well as beverages like juices and yoghurt," said Sig

"I know. The kids nowadays need a more balanced diet! They always stuff themselves with meat and sweets!" pouted a skinny ghost.

"I guess this is my chance to experiment!" said Sig as he took out a notebook from his pocket.

"Experiment?" said a child ghost.

"You see, I used to work as a bartender at a restaurant, and I like to think up new drink recipes during my spare time. Whenever I think of one, I will jot the recipe down in this notebook," explained Sig.

"Wow!" said all the ghosts.

"I think I'll use my break time to create some new drinks," said Sig. He then started to collect some fruit and vegetables and laid them on the kitchen table. He also took out a blender, a chopping board, a knife and several drinking glasses.

"Which recipe should I start...how about this one?" He turned pages of his notebook and stopped at a page where it had "Mock Tequila Sunrise" as the title.

"Mock Tequila Sunrise? What do you mean by mock?" said the child ghost.

"It means it does not contain alcohol. Tequila is an alcoholic drink made from the blue agave plant, and Tequila Sunrise is a cocktail made from tequila, orange juice and grenadine, a syrup made from pomegranate is commonly used as a cocktail ingredient," Sig explained patiently.