Finding Ivy Part 10

Chapter 10

     I keep looking at them happily.  I can't believe Wyatt is my brother.  I wonder what he can do.  I remember back to my dream, he told that boy he would give nightmares to him for the rest of his life.  Is that what he does?  Does he give nightmares to people?  I look at him, and he still has a worried expression on his face.

     "You okay Ivy?"

     "What can you do?" I blurt out before I can stop myself.  I slap my hand over my mouth and widen my eyes.  What if it's rude to just randomly ask someone what they could do? 

     He chuckles. "Its fine, Ivy.  You didn't offend me or anything.  It's okay to ask."

     "Well then.  Wyatt what can you do?"

     He answers with a sheepish smile.  "I can send people dreams, and I can also go into people's dreams."

     I glare at him. "You were sending me all of those dreams?  The dream with the oak tree in it?  The one when dad got shot, and the one just now with that boy?  What about the other one when we were at the table what was that?"

     "Calm down, calm down.  First question, yes it was me. Um, sorry about that.  The second question, yeah all those.  Finally, your last question, I can create dreams too.  They call it dream walking."

     "Wow, just wow." I don't know what to say.  It's all overwhelming.  I stand up, remembering I'm lying on the floor, and look around.  I notice I'm not the only one on the floor.

     "What happened to Ms. Norwood?  Is she dead?  Oh, no. You didn't kill her did you?" I ask Wyatt accusingly.

     "For such a little you sure do have some fire in you." He starts laughing at himself. "Get it you have fire in you?  Not funny?"

     I shake my head at him.  Wow my brother is a dork. 

     "Will you please answer my questions?"

     "Ok um let's see.  I knocked her out. So, no she isn't dead, and no I didn't kill her.", he says smiling at me trying to look innocent.

     "And why did you knock her out?" I ask feeling more like his mom than his sister. 

     "She started asking questions.  It's just easier this way." He looks down at the floor guilty.

     "Easier hmm?  Well I guess how I can see that would be easier."

     He looks at me with happiness. "Really?"

     "No."

     His face drops, and I start to feel horrible.

     "It's better than killing her," I say hoping to cheer him up.

     He looks up again and gives a slight smile. "Are you always like this?"

     "Like what?"

     "You act just like a mom.  You just scolded me like your child, and then when you thought I was sad you tried to cheer me up."

     "Speaking of moms.  Where is mine?" He gets a sad expression on his face. 

     "I don't think you're ready for that Ivy."

     "Okay, fine.  Now will you tell me about this mysterious guild?"

     "Not yet.  Let's get out of here before somebody else shows up."

     "Where are we going?"

     "You will see.  Now come on.  I guess the twins can watch Eli until Ms. Norwood wakes up."

     "What?  No, no, no.  We're taking them with us.  I'm not going without them.  I can't go without them."

     He sighs and looks and a look of defeat crosses his face. "Fine they can come with, but when we start your training you need to make sure they don't distract you."

     Training?  I don't even want to know, I think there has been enough information for now.  I just close my mouth and follow him out the door holding onto Eli's hand with the twins' right behind me.  This is exactly how it should be, us together as a family.

     We walk outside and I look around for his car.  Oh my God, it's Bumblebee.

     Wyatt starts to chuckle. "It doesn't turn into a robot though."

     "Wait can you read minds?"

     "Um, no?  You said that out loud."

     My face flushes and I decide it's a good idea to save conversation for when we get to wherever were going.  I quickly walk to Ms. Norwood's car and grab Eli's car seat.  I strap him in the back, and the twins get in after him.  Getting into the front, I call out, "Seatbelts!"  I hear grumbles all around me and decide again to just ignore them.

     About thirty minutes later we pull up to a cute little two story house.  We all get out of the car and make our way to the entrance.  Wyatt opens the door and calls out, "Honey, I'm home."

     Confused I wait for some girl to come out and greet him, but when the person comes out shock runs through my body.