Finding Ivy Part 15

Chapter 15

     I wake up from the dream Wyatt sent me. I can't believe that is my mother. That dream almost makes me want to take back the questions I had about her. What kind of woman would kill her own daughter?

     "You don't blame yourself for fathers death do you?" I ask Wyatt

     "No, it's what he would have wanted. You don't know how much he loved you. Diana was always so jealous of how much he was around you. It's sick if you think about it. She was jealous of her own daughter."

     "Wait so my mother's name is Diana?"

     He grimaces when I call her my mother.

     "Yeah, she birthed you, but that's about it. She was cold towards you ever since you were born. This was odd, because Dad treated us the same, but I think she expected it with me because I was the boy. When you came out, you would cry when she held you. Only one who could calm you down would be Dad. I think she was jealous of not only how much he loved you, but also of how much you seemed to need him."

     "Wow, um just wow."

     "Yeah."

     An awkward silence fills the room, and Wyatt is busy staring at me with worry. He's probably wondering if I'm going attempt to catch him on fire or something. I couldn't take the weird silence any longer.

     "So, is she still alive?"

     "Uh, yeah. Think about it, Ivy. You just recently got a letter. Who was is signed by?"

     "D." Wow, how stupid could am I? Of course it is her. She's obviously a psychopath out on a rampage to end me. What else? As long as Diana doesn't have a bunch of crazy brothers, I guess I'm okay for now.

     "So, as you put it 'the woman who birthed us' wants to kill me?"

     "Oh, no, Ivy. She doesn't want to kill just you; she wants the other three too. The problem is, she has one of them brainwashed already. A girl. She controls water, ironically her name is Blayze." He laughs like it's the funniest thing he has ever heard.

     "Haha, very funny," I say sarcastically. "So, what are we going to do about that?"

     "Oh, that one's easy. We just need to find the earth boy, and then he can convince her to go into the light."

     Right simple. Got it. Now wasn't really the time to worry about it. We had to go meet a woman, to get my Eli back, and I knew just where I want to meet her too. The old oak tree.

     "Come on it's time to go." I hear come from my left. I look over to see Aaron and Cynthia standing there. Aaron is staring at my chest while Cynthia is glaring at him.

     "Eyes up, unless you don't want them anymore," she says slapping him on the back of the head.

     "Okay, go get the twins and lets leave," I say.

     We all hop in the Suburban parked outside. It only took us twenty minutes to get to the spot. I can't believe that the oak tree was this close to me the entire time. When we arrive, nobody is there yet. We came about ten minutes early so we could get in the spot we want.

     I stand there nervously. Shifting on my feet, I feel a warm hand wrap around mine. I look up and see Aaron smiling at me. His gleaming white teeth catch my eye, and I think about how beautiful his smile is. He really is hot. He has gorgeous eyes that make me feel like I'm drowning in them. I glance at his lips, and notice a smirk. I quickly snap out of my thoughts. Wow, what a way to ruin the moment.