Hunting Diana Part 7

Chapter 7

Biting my lip, I look over at Aaron.  “Are you sure this is what you want to do?”

“Of course, Ivy, it’s what you need so it’s what we are going to do.”

I nod and fidget uncomfortably in my leather suit.  It isn’t like the thing itself is uncomfortable.  What are annoying are the looks people kept sending me.  Had nobody ever seen a girl wearing a leather jump suit?

“You need one of those,” Clay murmurs to Blayze.

She looks at him with narrow eyes.  “Keep your eyes off of it, and maybe I’ll get one.”

He chuckles and stares at Blayze.  “I’m only trying to imagine what you would look like in it.”

“Not what Ivy would look like out of it?”

“Okay!” I shout.  “Enough of that, please.  What is wrong with you?  We are standing at the edge of a battlefield and you two are talking like that.”

Aaron puts an arm around my waist.  Leaning in, he whispers, “Can you really blame them?  You look like someone just painted your body with black paint.  In case you were wondering, I would prefer you not to wear that in public again.”

The amusement in his voice told me that he isn’t really angry with the situation.  I roll my eyes, boys will always be boys and there is nothing I can do about that.

Turning my attention towards the men and women running towards us, I glace over at Clay.  “Would you like to make a hole in the ground?  It would get rid of at least a couple.”

He nods and stares at the ground with a loving expression.  The field we are standing on rumbles and before my eyes, I watch as the earth splits open.  About six people fall before the others realize what is happening and jump over the large crack. 

“Aaron, your turn,” I tell him with a nod.

He sends me a smirk before focusing on the group.  An invisible force send the remaining few into the opening.  We all stare at the empty field in confusion.

“Is it really that easy?” Blayze asks in a voice that sounds slightly pouty.

I turn towards her and smile when I realize she wanted in on the action.  I have to admit, I feel a little left out too.  “I guess,” I say with a shrug.  “Maybe Diana didn’t see the point of sending that many people out.”

“Or maybe, she has one that can levitate people out of a situation like the one we just put them in,” Clay says with a smile.

“I don’t think that’s it,” I tell him.

Aaron grabs my shoulders and turns me.  People are lifting from their makeshift prison.  I groan in irritation.  “It’s never as easy as it seems.  Okay, what’s the game plan?”

“We may have to do what you have been avoiding, Ivy,” Blayze whispers.

I open my mouth to argue, but Clay talks before I can.  “She is right, Ivy.  You may be our leader, but you should listen to our advice.  These people are trying to kill us; I think it is about time we return the favor.”

My eyes connect with Aaron’s.  “What do you think?”

He sends me a small smile.  “I don’t like it any more than you do, but we should do it.  If it’s the only way to keep you safe, we should do it.”

“There has to be another way,” I whisper as an idea pops into my head.  “You can throw them back into the hole and cover it!”

“Bury them alive?” Clay asks in disgust.

I shake my head at him.  “We can put little air holes in there for them.  I just don’t feel comfortable with killing them.”

“Fine, but you realize this is ridiculous?” he asks.

I nod as Aaron lifts the men and women and tosses them in.  Clay waves a hand once they are all in, and vines cover the top.  I look over at him and smile.  He just shrugs at me.  “It will keep the air flow going, but they will get out soon.  It’s long enough for us to break in, get what you want, and brake out.”

“Are you sure this is what you want?” Aaron asks.

“Are you sure this is where what I want is?”

He laughs and nods.  “When I was looking for your birthday present, I felt two pulls.  One just happened to show up before the other.  I found it odd, but didn’t really think about it.  I guess I was kinda hoping that I never found him.”

“Aaron-”

He cuts me off with a kiss.  Pulling away he smiles.  “I know nothing will happen.  Your mine and nothing will change that.  I just couldn’t believe he was here of all places.”

“One of my mother’s facilities,” I say in wonder.  “Chris has been here the entire time.”