Finding Ivy Part 11

Chapter 11

     I look over at her and can't help the surprise that masks my face.

     "So, um you and my brother? Aren't you a little young? I mean you're only sixteen, and he's twenty-four."

     Cynthia looks at me like I am stupid. "Sweetie, I'm older than I look. As for your other question, yes me and your brother."

     "How old are you?" I ask still in shock.

     "Twenty-two. I've known your brother since I was sixteen," she says looking over at Wyatt. A tender expression crosses her face, and for the second time I'm shocked. I've never seen her look at anybody like that. She treats Ethan like he's scum. Oh, that would explain it. She's in love with my brother, that's why she is never affectionate with Ethan.

     "Wait. Why are you dating Ethan if you're with my brother?"

     Anger crosses Wyatt's face, making him look like the scary mysterious man I first met. I quickly look away from him and towards Cynthia. Her expression is filled with disgust.

     "Think about it, you're a smart girl. What's the saying? Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Do you think I would actually date that immature little boy when I have your brother? If it wasn't to keep you safe, I wouldn't of done it."

     "To keep me safe?"

     "Are you really going to just repeat what I said? Yes. To. Keep. You. Safe," she says acting like she's speaking to a child. "I'm one of the protectors."

     "Really? Um, what can you do?"

     Her face turns to one of outrage. "Don't you know it's rude to ask somebody that? What else do you want to know? My weight?"

     "I'm, uh, sorry, but come on it's just a question. Plus, Wyatt said I could just ask," I say pointing accusingly at Wyatt.

     All of the sudden she burst out laughing. I look at her, and it's a genuine laugh. Scared, I back away and stand behind Wyatt, who is shaking with laughter.

     "What are you doing Ivy?" he asks.

     "Why is she laughing? God that's the scariest thing I've ever seen. S-she looks happy!"

     "Calm down Ivy. She was just joking with you. Seriously nothing about today has frightened you, but Cynthia starts laughing and you scared?"

     "Come on babe, leave her alone. She's not used to the actual me. I mean think about it I was horrible to her everyday at school for years," Cynthia says with a smile and gentle warm eyes. Okay, I'm crazy. There is no way Cynthia has warm eyes.

    "Oh and Ivy? I can heal people. It's not a very good defensive or offensive power, but it really helps during a battle."

     "Battle?"

     "Are we really back to that? Okay, sit down I'll explain everything to you."

     I sit down and prepare myself for a long discussion.

     "Air with Fire, Earth with Water

     Air to make sure the path will never sever, Fire to rule with fairness forever

     Earth to keep them by each other's sides, Water to cleanse the darkness that resides

     For if one leaves their path, the world will end in wrath"

     I look at her in confusion. What the hell was that? That made no sense what's so ever.

     She sighs. "So there are only four people that have those particular powers. Each of these four have a certain attribute that will help in bringing down the Guild. The only problem is we need all four of you. We have two already."

     "Okay you have me and who else?"

     "Me." I hear from behind me. I can feel the hum of energy surrounding us. I look at the others seeing if they could feel it to, but they all had a normal expression on their face. I turn and look at Aaron.

     "Really? You?"

     Fake hurt crosses his face, and he clutches his chest. "Don't act so surprised, Ivy."

     I roll my eyes at him. "Well which one are you then?"

     "I'm your Air, baby." He smirks at me. What the hell does that mean?

     "What the hell does that mean?" I ask out loud.

     Cynthia looks at me apologetically. "The hum you feel? It's because you two are destine to be together. It's in the prophesy. Air with Fire. Earth with Water. He's your soul mate."

     I sink further into my chair, and put my head in my hands. God, I'm stuck with him for the rest of my life? I have to stay with him? Sure, I feel the 'hum', but that doesn't mean I like him. I mean come on; he's a total conceited jerk.

     "Come on Ivy. It's not that bad. I mean you get to spend the rest of your life getting to know me. Your mine now." I can hear the smugness in his voice.

     Somebody shouts out, and my head quickly leaves my hands to see where the noise is coming from. I see Aaron down on his knees holding his head. Confused I look around at every ones faces, and they all have a look of shock covering their faces. That is everyone except Eli. His face is masked with concentration, and he is keeping his stare on Aaron.

     "Eli? Honey, are you doing that to Aaron?"

     He nods his head yes.

     "Will you stop?"

     "No, my mommy."

     "Yes, sweetie. I'm your mommy. Aaron was just joking."

     He shakes his head. "I saw him attacking you, mommy."

     I look at him perplexed. "He's not hurting me. Just let him go."

     Eli moves his eyes to connect with mine, and I can see his face soften. He turns and runs to me holding his hands up. I pick him up and look over at Aaron to see him slowly getting on his feet.

     "I need to watch what I think," he mumbles before plopping down in a chair.

     "What were you thinking?" Wyatt asks with amusement.

     "I'll give you a hint. I was 'attacking' Ivy," he says placing air quotes around the word attacking. Realizing what he meant, my face turns red. Everyone else in the room is looking at Aaron with glares on their faces. The surprise and amusement that was once there is replaced with looks of anger.

    Aaron finally realizes that he is getting death glares, and quickly stands up. He swallows, and his eyes roam around frantically looking for an escape.

     "I gotta go," he squeaks out before running out of the room with everyone but me and Eli chasing after him.