Arty's Crazy Plan

Hephastus' POV

I sat grumbling on my throne wondering what was so important that Athena had called a council. I was in the middle of a Hydra Automation when Athena interupted causing the thing to go sky high.

I had just started to doze off when Artemis barged in shouting, "The Veil has begun to fade!"

There was a collective gasp followed by whispering from everyone, including the minor gods and goddesses who had been gathered as well.  Zues was the only who appeared unconcerned, which concerned me.

"SILENCE!" Zeus bellowed, successfully shuting everyone up. "If what Artemis has so rudely announced is true, what are we going to do about it? We are powerless in this matter, so I believe that we should adjorn now and just let history take its course. This is tragic news indeed, we should simply prepare for the worst and then hope for the best."

"Do you even here yourself Zeus?" I exclaimed, amazed by my fathers stupidity. "You are asking us to sit back and let reality itself crumble to pieces! I for one would like to hear what Artemis has to say, I know she wouldn't come here without a plan."

Everyone became silent, they agreed with me but were terrified to speak against Zues. "Thank you Hephastus." Artemis said curtly, nodding her head.

Artemis proceeded to speak, not allowing for any interruptions. "My plan is simple yet complex. I believe that our only chance for survival is to create beings superior to the gods with the ability to safely move between realms. Now before you all explode let me explain some more. I believe that we should take demigods, about six of them, and give them the blessings and curses that come with their troublesome fate. To bring order and balance wherever they go, sealing the rifts in the veil, it will not be an easylife for them. These 'shifters' as they will be called will be unique in many ways. Their spirits bonded with an animal that will complement their personality to keep them loyal, for animals have more loyalty than any others. They will be imbued with magic and greater ability within their parents domain of power. However, these chosen ones will not just be random, they will be chosen with help from the fates. Only six of the strongest heroes will be able to handle this burden. I in no way expect them to be perfect, they will have flaws as perfection is impossible. They will understand the value of life though and that is what will make them special, not their abilities."

There was a stunned silence after this speech. Artemis is a mad genious! This plan is crazy and brilliant all at once!

"Artemis has a really good point ya know." I say quitely in almost a whisper, worried about what Zues' reaction would be like.

The other gods nodded their agreement, whole Zues was smoldering. He wanted to make sure that no being was ever more powerful than the gods, so it was no surprise when he shouted, "THAT'S IT! This meeting is adjourned! If ANYONE goes behind my back and follows through with this plan I will personally through them into Tartarus!"

I sighed in resignation and left but not before Arty slipped me a note that simply said, "Meet me and the others in my clearing in Southern Canada, Zues can't follow us there."

Well he can't throw all of us into the pit... Besides this could be our only hope...