The Hunter's Invasion of Camp

Ziggy's POV

Nala walked away after our short conversation laughing manically and nearly skipping with joy. She looked really weird. Happy, but weird. I placed my head back down on the table trying to tune out the noise around me and get some rest.

Not even two minutes later, breakfast was dismissed. This is going to be a looong day... "O.K. guys." Said Will, clapping his hands together. Normally his constant optimism wasn't that bad, but today I just wanted him to shut up. "I take it you realize that all Healers are going to be working overtime in the infirmary due to the hunters' appearance. That means all healers report to the infirmary, and everyone else, you're with the Hermes campers."

Richard, Mary, Lilah, August, Tammy, Kieran, and I groaned. We trudged up to the infirmary in order to make sure everything was overstocked and prepared. Last time the hunters dropped by, I wasn't even a camper yet, but apparently it ended up being an absolutely unspeakable, class 10, disaster. Richard, August, and Will went to the nearest medical clinic to pick up supplies while Mary, Lilah, Tammy, Kieran, and I cleaned the infirmary top to bottom. By the time we were done, it was dinner and the hunters were supposed to be there for capture the flag afterwards.

I took my usual seat at the Apollo table and groaned for what was probably the millionth time that day. People had only stopped asking me what was wrong around lunch time. I saw Nala walk in and look eagerly at the Artemis table, only to frown when she saw that it was empty.

What's up with her? After everyone had seated, the nymphs came around to give everyone their food. A silver arrow suddenly streaked through the air impaling Percy Jacksons cup, which he was in the process of drinking from. The pavilion went silent.

Percy just rolled his eyes before drying his hand off and turning to face a girl with short, spikey black hair, electric blue eyes, and a 'Green Day' band tee. They laughed and embraced like old friends. The rest of the hunters filed into their seats at the Artemis table while the seven talked to the girl who had shot at Percy. I was having trouble processing all this due to my very exhausted brain when Nala just had to make things even more confusing. She jumped up yelled, "Thalia!" before tackling the hunter, who had shot Percy's cup, in a flying hug.

The seven just stared in shock as Thalia embraced Nala, laughing at her excitement. Nala scowled at Thalia and said, "Don't laugh at me! It's been months since we last saw each other. My excitement is perfectly reasonable."

Thalia just laughed and dragged Nala over to the Artemis table to sit next to her. Nala smiled and ran around the table hugging several of the other Hunters before taking a seat right next to Thalia. Apparently everyone else was just as lost as I was, because the seven were staring with a look of complete confusion. They sat down and the usual noises of dinner returned, but the Hephaestus table and the seven still looked pretty confused. Heck, I was completely lost!

Nala sat talking and laughing with the hunters all the way through dinner. I, on the other hand, was struggling to stay awake despite the energy that was flowing through campers, and hunters alike, in anticipation for tonight's game. When everyone had finished eating, Chiron stood up to announce the rules for tonight's capture the flag game. "HEROES AND HUNTERS!" He bellowed, silencing the entire pavilion, "The score stands at 42 wins for the hunters and 3 wins for the campers. As usual, no killing or maiming is permitted."

"AW COMMON!" someone yelled. I looked around and saw that Nala had said that and was now sitting with her arms crossed, looking indignant. Some of the hunters were trying to hold back laughs, but failing miserably. Nala simply stuck her tongue out at them and stuck her nose in the air. She held it there for a few seconds before breaking into laughter. How on earth are the hunters making her relax?